16 at a table in MDR?

jdcml

Our group keeps growing! Anyone have any experience with 16 people at a table? We are on the Dream in October. With any luck the kids will be in camp a few nights but most nights they will likely eat with us.

The biggest tables they have are 10. If you are booked with groups you can send a dining room seating request with the people that you want at each table. If you are not a group then just make sure the reservations are linked together. We had a group of 38 with four tables. God bless the waiters. We had two different ones and they did a great job as we did mix and mingle.

It is so much fun to travel with a big group of friends. Have a great time!

2 8 tops

Frankly Carnival does not seem to care about groups so don't believe anything they promise you ahead of time

You may end up as my large singles group 103 people did on the Destiny

jammed into 4 tops, 2 tops (eek), 2 booths and some 8 tops

what a mess

We were sent a seating list before the cruise....which was said to be all 8 and 10 tops...but when we got on board they refused to honor it and it was horrible

2 8 tops

Frankly Carnival does not seem to care about groups so don't believe anything they promise you ahead of time

You may end up as my large singles group 103 people did on the Destiny

jammed into 4 tops, 2 tops (eek), 2 booths and some 8 tops

what a mess

We were sent a seating list before the cruise....which was said to be all 8 and 10 tops...but when we got on board they refused to honor it and it was horrible

You didn't really expect them to be able to seat 103 people together for dinner, did you?

Just off the Dream last week and there were tables (rectangular) set up on the upper level in Scarlett Dining Room for 12. That's the most I've seen on any ship. Usually it is a 10 top which is what we had. On the Destiny we had a group of 20 and they split us up 8,8, & 4.

You didn't really expect them to be able to seat 103 people together for dinner, did you?

They could have if they wanted to. Just start with the biggest group first and then work the smaller groups around it. I would think it is very doable.

Of course I did...they have in the past....and other cruise lines do it with much larger singles cruises

THAT IS WHAT A GROUP CRUISE IS...THAT IS WHAT WE ARE PROMISED AND THAT IS WHAT THE GROUP MEMBERS EXPECT

In fact they sent us 2 different seating arrangements....

both featuring 8 and 10 tops...THEN WHEN WE GOT ON BOARD IT WAS "TOUGH LUCK"

Singles cruises everyone sits together at traditional late seating...the first night in assigned seats and then we are allowed to move around within :our:

area. Having booths and 4 and 2 tops was horribly awkward

not to mention service on Destiny was beyond horrible

Archived