Barcelona Hotel & Port

flcruisencrazy

We are going on the Magic out of Barcelona in July and were wondering if anyone has stayed there before could recommend a hotel that overlooks the port area so we can see the ship come in. Also, how is the port there as far as getting on and off the ship?

I've visited Barca several times by cruise ship also stayed a long winter weekend there, but I can't recall a hotel overlooking the port.

The cruise terminal(s) are hidden from much of the city by Parc de Montjuic, a large open area on a hill. There is an area to the east of the port area, which has a marina and a few pricier hotels, called Barceloneta Map of Barcelona

Many cruise pax like the Hotel Continental Palacete, which has free snacks, drinks etc 24 hrs a day and is very centrally situated.

I was there is 2006, and yes there is a hotel, but not quite on the port, you can see the ship from the hotel if you are on the west side of the hotel. It was a Eruo Star hotel, cant remember the name, but right on the marina and water. Expensive in 2006 (400.00 US) per night, very nice, but very small room.

I don't think the cruise port itself is very interesting, but Barcelona is truly world class. If you are going to be there more than one night, stay in the Gothic Quarter near the cathedral. It's a reasonably short cab ride to the port, and there is a lot to see and do along the Ramblas, in the tapas bars, etc.

I was told by someone who has visited the area many times to book in the Ramblas, Plaza Cataluna, Bario Gotico area and you can find hotels at FastBooking.com. Many sight seeing things to do within walking distance. Good luck!

I've visited Barca several times by cruise ship also stayed a long winter weekend there, but I can't recall a hotel overlooking the port.

The cruise terminal(s) are hidden from much of the city by Parc de Montjuic, a large open area on a hill. There is an area to the east of the port area, which has a marina and a few pricier hotels, called Barceloneta Map of Barcelona

Many cruise pax like the Hotel Continental Palacete, which has free snacks, drinks etc 24 hrs a day and is very centrally situated.

Sadly that is where our reservations are for the soon to be cancelled TA cruise with you pond hoppers.............:(.......I'm still so bummed about having to cancel that I can't bring myself to do it yet........

I believe the W hotel is right on the port. From Mont Juic, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would agree that there are much better places to stay. The port is pretty isolated and not convenient to public transport. Believe me, I made the unfortunate mistake thinking that the port was a hop,skip, and a jump from the end of Las Ramblas. The port is close, not the cruise ship terminal. It is a tough hike up that bridge, but we earned the buffet lunch that day! I'm sure that staying at the W would be convenient for getting on the ship, but I would rather walk again than miss out on the benefits of a centrally located hotel. BTW we stayed at the Hotel Condes.

I believe the W hotel is right on the port. From Mont Juic, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I would agree that there are much better places to stay. The port is pretty isolated and not convenient to public transport. Believe me, I made the unfortunate mistake thinking that the port was a hop,skip, and a jump from the end of Las Ramblas. The port is close, not the cruise ship terminal. It is a tough hike up that bridge, but we earned the buffet lunch that day! I'm sure that staying at the W would be convenient for getting on the ship, but I would rather walk again than miss out on the benefits of a centrally located hotel. BTW we stayed at the Hotel Condes.

The W actually isn't convenient to anything except the beach. I absolutely loved staying there for our 2nd visit, but not for a first visit as it is far from everything and a one-mile walk to the nearest metro station. Also, even though it's out on the water, it's not convenient to the port because it's not on the same outlet - you would have to go back into the city and go back out to where the port is.

Best,

Mia

• 2 weeks later...
We are going on the Magic out of Barcelona in July and were wondering if anyone has stayed there before could recommend a hotel that overlooks the port area so we can see the ship come in. Also, how is the port there as far as getting on and off the ship?

I'll goin on the same date w/ my cousin!!

• 1 month later...
Has anyone else been using Google Earth to preview Barcelona? You can see so much, especially with Street View! I've already figured out how to get from our hotel to the Ramblas, explored Montjuic, and traced several routes to the port...

What did you find was the best way to get to the port? We are staying at the Best Western on Travessera de Gracia 72. I heard there was a free shuttle from a fountain at the bottom of Las Ramblas to the terminal. Not sure which terminal Carnival Magic will be using June 3. Any help is appreciated.

Cyndy

What did you find was the best way to get to the port? We are staying at the Best Western on Travessera de Gracia 72. I heard there was a free shuttle from a fountain at the bottom of Las Ramblas to the terminal. Not sure which terminal Carnival Magic will be using June 3. Any help is appreciated.

Cyndy

Hello from Barcelona.

All cruise terminals are in the same dock. The shuttle bus leaves from the Plaza de Colón (end of Las Ramblas) to the cruise terminal.

Greetings.

Edu.

Cyndy

The port shuttle is behind the Columbus monument. It is not free. It costs 2 euros one way 3euros RT. We have taken it several times to the ship with luggage. It will stop at all the ships terminals. It is a blue bus with Port shuttle on the front.

Archived