Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break

Save your money and go to Paradise Beach. It has free admission. Chair rental is only $2. They have all the same water toys that Playa has. Also plenty of food and drinks that are reasonanly priced considering you get in free. The menu should be on the website.

Paradise is actually right down the beach from Playa. It is the same beach, not a different beach, same water, etc. You can see it from Paradise. While I was sitting in my $2 chair on the free beach, I was just thinkin about the folks who paid all that $$$ for the same beach right down the strip lol. :D

It is also right next door to Carlos and Charlies, so you can walk over and hang out there too for free. Carlon N Charlies does nto have water toys, so if you have kids, they will enjoy Paradise Beach better.

Taxis are easy to find once you get into port and are reasonably priced. They also have tons of taxis right there at the entrance, so you don't have to worry about getting back to the ship.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pay ship prices for excursions. They are a ripoff. Research on Cruise Critic and do what we cruise-perts do. You will find many of us on CC are cheapanistas and offer great advice.

Paradise Beach has a website. Not sure if it's ok to post it on here, but you can easily google it.

Save your money and go to Paradise Beach. It has free admission. Chair rental is only $2. They have all the same water toys that Playa has. Also plenty of food and drinks that are reasonanly priced considering you get in free. The menu should be on the website.

Paradise is actually right down the beach from Playa. It is the same beach, not a different beach, same water, etc. You can see it from Paradise. While I was sitting in my $2 chair on the free beach, I was just thinkin about the folks who paid all that $$$ for the same beach right down the strip lol. :D

It is also right next door to Carlos and Charlies, so you can walk over and hang out there too for free. Carlon N Charlies does nto have water toys, so if you have kids, they will enjoy Paradise Beach better.

Taxis are easy to find once you get into port and are reasonably priced. They also have tons of taxis right there at the entrance, so you don't have to worry about getting back to the ship.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER pay ship prices for excursions. They are a ripoff. Research on Cruise Critic and do what we cruise-perts do. You will find many of us on CC are cheapanistas and offer great advice.

Paradise Beach has a website. Not sure if it's ok to post it on here, but you can easily google it.

I believe Paradise now charges a small entrance fee.

I would also not agree completely with your statement of never pay ship prices for excursions....there are some excursions that I wouldn't recommend to do other than through the ship.

Update:

I just looked and Paradise's web-site still says it's free....but I thought I heard people recently saying there was a small cover fee now:confused:

I believe Paradise now charges a small entrance fee.

I would also not agree completely with your statement of never pay ship prices for excursions....there are some excursions that I wouldn't recommend to do other than through the ship.

Update:

I just looked and Paradise's web-site still says it's free....but I thought I heard people recently saying there was a small cover fee now:confused:

I am pretty sure it's free. They used to not even charge for the chairs, you just had to buy food or drinks, but $2 imo is very fair and reasonable considering how you pay so much more at other places. Plus Paradise is very clean and well maintained. I have never seen restrooms or showers not in perfect order.

I am pretty sure it's free. They used to not even charge for the chairs, you just had to buy food or drinks, but $2 imo is very fair and reasonable considering how you pay so much more at other places. Plus Paradise is very clean and well maintained. I have never seen restrooms or showers not in perfect order.

Recently when I was there they were charging $2 for chairs.

I have many friends who just LOVE Nachi Cocum.

I have been to Playa Mia, and the only good thing there is the cooking class. The food looks nasty (admittedly, I have never eaten it, but it was NOT enticing) and the drinks are not the best. The beach is ok, but nothing special.

Lots of better places, IMO.

Good recommendation from bajathree to check out the Ports of Call board for Cozumel.

I'm for Nachi also. I believe you paid one price and your lunch and drinks (alcohol and non) were included. We really enjoyed this day. When doing something that involves relaxing at the beach, we try to find all inclusive deals because we like to have our drinks and it's typically a good deal for us. Have a great time whatever you decide.

Been to Playa Mia , Passion Isle on previous cruises.

Playa Mia was nice but rocks under water and very crowded.

Passion Isle was very nice , especially when you get there via Twister.

Just returned from a cruise this week ,tried Nachi Cocum because of all the great reviews here on CC.

We liked it far more than the other 2 .

Nice beach (no rocks) , 100 guest limit , lots of shaded lounge chairs near the water, nice pool , frequent bar service and even lunch is delivered to you right where you are under your own palm covered shelter.

I suppose if they are not at 100 guests pre reserved , they may let you in . However , the word is out about this place .

It's a $15 cab ride there and $15 back wasted if you can't get in .

$49p/p cash upon arrival, children are less $.

Reservation are held via credit card which isn't charged unless you are a no show , then it's a 25% or 50% penalty (I don't recall which).

We've also been to Mr. Sancho's beach club...it is free admission as long as you buy a drink there (at least it was when we were there). It was definitely more quiet than Playa Mia but with the same amenities. They have beach waitstaff for food and drinks and a full service restaurant. You can check it out at www.mrsanchos.com.

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: Oh no! Just when I thought I had it figured out! According to RCCL, excusions to Playa Mia Beach and Playa Mia Deluxe Beach (what IS the difference, except the first one is $29 and "deluxe" is $69?) do have wheelchair provisions and transportaion, but now it sounds like it wouldn't be any more special than a day at a public pool! If there is any way to either get to Passion Island (which according to RCCL doesn't allow for handicapped/wheelchair transportation :() or this other Paradise or Nachi-Cocum each, please let me know!

We did the cooking excursion at Playa Mia Beach. The cooking part was good. I guess the beach break included a buffet but ours did not include the buffett since we ate what we cooked. We got to enjoy the beach after cooking. There were unlimited drinks I drank mostly soda my husband drank there and lost his room key somewhere there and also could not remember anything there. He thinks they put something in his drink. He says he never wants to go back to cozumel again...I know there are other things in cozumel to do besides this so I am not sure if we will go back or not. The beach was crowded. There is also a little pool there but we did not use it. The hammock area was crowded too. There were a few ships in port that day so that had something to do with it. Our tablemates paid a lot less and did some all inclusive thing and sounded like they had a lot my fun than we did. Save your money and find something else to do!

Archived