HAL blog entry about the Pirate Bar

x lindsay x

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2011/01/26/new-captain-morgan-on-the-rocks-island-bar-opens-on-half-moon-cay/

From the pictures I think it looks really cool inside with the long curved bar. I do see those pesky HAL Cats in the background of one of the pictures...

Not sure if this changes anyones mind.

It does list who to go after if you hate it...

The photos are very good, and I do like the bar itself. Not sure I like the idea of a beached pirate ship, flying the Jolly Roger, sitting on HMC, but ... what the hey, it's supposed to be a relaxing, comfortable bar on a relaxing, comfortable island. If they can be convinced to keep the volume down on the music, maybe it will be nice. I'm willing to reserve judgement until I see it.

Where is this in relation to the "I could stay here forever" bar?

Looks nice and could be a fun place but please let me know if I'm wrong on this: Is this the first obvious "product placement" scheme that HAL has done? In other words, a prominently disclosed affiliation with a product, in this case Captain Morgan Rum.

Reminds me of Disneyland, CA: Monsanto's Journey to Innerspace (yes I'm old), Chevron's Autopia and Dole Pineapple's Tiki Room just to name a few.

Call me a skeptic. Looking at 2013 cruises to the Carib again and this may factor in once your feedback gets going.

Two things:

Now we know the name of the person who brainstormed the bar;

My guess is that Diageo Global ("the world’s leading premium drinks business that created Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum in 1983") threw $$$ into this endeavor to promote its libations.

Looks nice and could be a fun place but please let me know if I'm wrong on this: Is this the first obvious "product placement" scheme that HAL has done? In other words, a prominently disclosed affiliation with a product, in this case Captain Morgan Rum.

They now have the ice/vodka bars in the Mix that are sponsored by Grey Goose.

Plus the computer workshops sponsored by Microsoft.

Looks nice and could be a fun place but please let me know if I'm wrong on this: Is this the first obvious "product placement" scheme that HAL has done?

As previously stated, the NYT, Microsoft, and Grey Goose are all product placements aboard HAL ships. There may be a few others, but I'm not sure. I just hope we don't see a future HAL ship called "The JohnnyWalkerDam" :D

Who's that pictured in you avatar?

Archived