Cruising lbs

Browneyedhunni85

I don't understand how casually going up and down stairs even 10 times a day can help you fight off the melting cake lbs. Hey if it works for you, great; it just wouldn't for me.

For those of us that work out on a daily basis it wouldn't....but if you don't work out it will help.

460 + 260 /= 920 :p

jk ;)

Oops:o so spot me a Cliff bar and knock off a couple of miles.:)

Point still holds, You ain't gonna walk or climb off any extra calories you eat on a cruise above what you need to eat to amintain your current weight unless you dramatically increase your typical daily activity level at home. And just walking up and down a couple of flights of stairs a few times or sauntering around the deck isn't going to do the trick.

I workout every day on the cruise when I get up in the morning. (utilize the jogging track, you are still enjoying the view. AND...I always take the stairs, no matter what. And there are a lot of them. Don't just casually jaunt up the stairs either. Move like you mean it. It really makes a big difference. I eat small portions of whatever I want. But for the most part like healthier foods anyway. Once your body gets used to it, you don't even want fried fatty stuff in bulk anyway. I am not saying that I won't stop at the fish and chips station, but I won't eat tons of it. So to answer the OPs question, I usually don't gain.

I didn't gain weight, mainly because of the walking and also because they refused to tell me what buffet desserts didn't have nuts (allergy). So I missed dessert most of the time, and enjoyed the unsweetened iced tea. Also if I eat a lot of rich foods I get heartburn so it's a good deterrent.

My DH on the other hand... ;) He likes to eat. I think he gained some weight on our cruise but I haven't grilled him about it.

I have gained from 2-4 lbs before on 3 and 4 night cruises. I am in the process of doing WW to lose 10 lbs before our cruise in April. I am in no way overweight, but kow that I always pack on a few lbs when cruising and can only imagine what will happen with 7 nights ahead of me. This time, I will not deny myself the yummy food, just choose more wisely. Only one piece of bread, not three (and no butter), a salad with FF dressing, not the caesar salad, fill up on fruit, and maybe join my DH in the fitness room this time since he regularly goes there anyway.

I am in the process of losing a few pounds before the cruise, as I needed to anyway. So, I know I will feel comfortable in my clothes and can enjoy anything I want to eat on the cruise.

Prior cruises I might have gained a couple pounds or so, but no big deal. I use the stairs when possible or if the elevators are too busy, I can usually get where I am going before that elevator would get there anyway...haha.

I figure I am going to enjoy the whole experience. I don't overeat, but I don't deny myself something if I want to have it. I don't go back for more helpings because I usually try little helpings of the things I like, and I can always get more of the ones I liked the next time.

Love the dining room dinners, and although the portions are not huge, they are filling because of the different courses. Those dinners are a highlight of the cruise for me also because of the dinner mates and enjoying their company.

On the last 7 day cruise I gained 1 - 2 lbs - sometimes it is 1 lb. or stay the same. I am definitely more active on a cruise because my job is sedentary - if I am off I have the time to do much more. On a cruise I am walking around all of the time, swimming, dancing, stairs, etc. I definitely enjoy the food but I don't have big portions (though I may order more than 1 entree i.e. grilled lobeter and shrimp!).

I bring a printout of the 7 day menu and notes from past cruises about my favorites and use that to help me order the things I love the most. I eat what I like and if something is not good, I won't eat more than a bite. I have a few drinks in a week, maybe eat the bread if it is good, definitely enjoy desserts, but also lots of salads, fruits, and Chinese vegetarian dishes at lunch. I do wish Carnival had more whole grain choices - that is definitely lacking! Now working on losing a couple lbs. to look good for the next cruise - can't wait!!!!!

Archived