first time staying in tampa the night before

reallyexcited

so for all of our previous cruises we have flown in the morning of the cruise.

this time we are driving from florida to tampa and we plan on arriving on saturday night ( the night before)

we want it to be relaxed and easy getting to the port. I think there is shuttle from the hotel to port.

what time should we head over there? we will have 3 adults and 3 kids ages 6, 9, and 2.

we want to be one of the first ones on the ship but I worry about sitting around too long before we board.

thanks for an info!

this time we are driving from florida to tampa and we plan on arriving on saturday night ( the night before)

we want it to be relaxed and easy getting to the port. I think there is shuttle from the hotel to port.

what time should we head over there? we will have 3 adults and 3 kids ages 6, 9, and 2.

we want to be one of the first ones on the ship but I worry about sitting around too long before we board.

thanks for an info!

I'd suggest between 11:00 and 11:30AM so that you don't wait too long but still get on board reasonably early. The Hotel shuttle should be able to drop you right at the Porters in the circle there. If there's no shuttle or no Hotel Cruise Parking, the Parking garage is extremely convenient, you can drop luggage at the circle then 1 person derive/park the car and return, and there's Valet Parking at the luggage drop-off for not many $$$ more. ken

I think the earlier you arrive the sooner you board since that was how they assigned boarding numbers (unless you are platinum). If I remember correctly we arrived around 11-11:30AM and we boarded about 30-40 minutes after that. It seemed to get crowded after we sat down, people like to arrive later.

I honestly didn't mind waiting in the terminal since we chatted and busied ourselves with magazines and such before boarding. We were one of the first groups to board after VIPs and we got to watch the luggage, soda and other foodstuffs being loaded on.

If you arrive really early you can bum around Channelside for a bit before going to the terminal.

All the above information is excellent. I'd suggest getting to the port no earlier than 11 or 11:30. I used to work aboard the ships when they were in port, in Tampa, and they rarely were cleared to board before 11. Keep in mind that the cabins are not available to drop your carry-on before 1:30. That means you'll have to keep all the carry-on stuff with you until you can drop it off. (Sometimes you can "sneak" into your cabin before that, but don't count on doing that.)

Have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"

thanks for an info!

Have sailed out of Tampa three times. If you want to be some of the first on board arrive around 10:30. It takes about 15 minutes to check in and you board starting around 11:15 - 11:30 depending on how many weddings there are.

Archived