Does the Eclipse have kettles in cabins when sailing out of Southampton?

Jo and Rob

Yes to kettles in cabins. Tea and coffee provided in cabins and refills freely available in the Oceanview Cafe. They also have individually bagged Tetley teabags too, so you don't need to bring your own.

Is the Oceanview cafe 24 hour? Can you get fresh milk there? I'm happy with black coffee but Oliver and Rob love a nice cup of tea.

We get a carton of fresh milk at breakfast from the buffet and then store it in the fridge for use during the rest of the day:)

Great news to find out that they have cartons of milk in the buffet, we will definitely swing by and collect one on the way back from the MDR at breakfast.

We get a carton of fresh milk at breakfast from the buffet and then store it in the fridge for use during the rest of the day:)

Or you can get a glass of milk with room service ordered with breakfast or via the interactive tv.

I would be nice if this amenity was added to all Celebrity ships.

I agree. I was disappointed they'd already taken them out prior to Eclipse's first transatlantic last year.

Phil

ry%3D400

Top right in the photo you can see the 'tea tray'. Your sachets get replenished, (but not chocolate, so if you want that bring it down from the Oceanview). As said, we kept a carton of milk in the fridge (in this cupboard). Unlike most fridges on ships, you could turn it up (ie colder) so it was like a proper fridge rather than a glorified cool box!. Beware the glass mugs...they are in a wire frame handle sort of thing and a couple of times we almost had hot tea in our lap as the mug slipped in the frame!

Simon

They have full cream, skimmed and chocolate milk in cartons in the Oceanview....unless all the kids have nicked the chocolate milk within 30 seconds of the Oceanview opening!!:D

Simon

Thank you. I don't think chocolate milk would taste right in my tea anyway although it might make a nice mocca coffee! ;)

I agree. I was disappointed they'd already taken them out prior to Eclipse's first transatlantic last year.

Phil

Phil, you should have asked! The Hotel Manager on that cruise asked if we were happy with our cabin and steward. We said we were very happy, but our only disappointment was that the kettles were no longer provided. He said he would have one brought to us, and it was there when we returned to our cabin. (BTW, we don't have any influence, it was just a chance meeting)

Sheila

Is the Oceanview cafe 24 hour? Can you get fresh milk there? I'm happy with black coffee but Oliver and Rob love a nice cup of tea.

Do you know if they have skimmed milk? If they don't we'll bring our own as we're only on it for 4 days but other milk tastes like cream to us now!

The beverage stations in the buffet are open 24 hours but the coffee at off hours is sometimes worse than it is at peak times and that isn't great. They'll have milk, tea (selection of bags) instant coffee, instant decaf, hot coca mix, brewed coffee, brewed decaff, iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch. The last three items are not available during breakfast hours when the same fountain dispenser is used for juices.

They'll always have regular milk in off hours, as well as coffee creamer (can't recall if it is real cream, artificial stuff or both). Availability of skim and chocolate milk in off hours is inconsistent. During breakfast in addition to the large milk dispensers at the beverage stations they have small cartons of milk (regular and skim) at the food serving stations by the cereals.

You can also order any of the beverages listed above 24/7 from room service at no extra charge.

I would be nice if this amenity was added to all Celebrity ships.

I agree. Americans love their coffee as much as the British love their tea (and of course that is just a generalization - some of us love both or vice versa:)). I didn't know that this ammenity was even offered on the ship at all - now I know that I can at least request it in the future and perhaps they will get one for our room. I presume this is just on the new ships????

I agree. Americans love their coffee as much as the British love their tea (and of course that is just a generalization - some of us love both or vice versa:)). I didn't know that this ammenity was even offered on the ship at all - now I know that I can at least request it in the future and perhaps they will get one for our room. I presume this is just on the new ships????

The only ship that has had kettles in the cabins has been the Eclipse and that was announced as a special feature since the ship was to be home ported in the UK over the Spring-Summer-Fall Europe sailing season. The kettles were removed from the cabins when the ship was moved to the Caribbean for the winter.

I'm just guessing here but it seems like Smtcan's experiance was a special accommodation and I doubt they'll be generally available on request. But who knows?

Archived