Beer snobs- are there any besides my husband?

cardamon

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but you can bring beer and wine onto Princess ships. I'm bringing 5 bottles on tomorrow's cruise. :) hubby just didn't want to bring a case, or else there'd be the last of the Oktoberfest in the wine box as well.

Sent on my Droid using Tapatalk

Notice that was "a" bottle as in "the beer to have when you're having only 1":D:p

Well, it is $10 per bottle. But I would have gladly bought a 4-pack if they would sell it to me. But they would not. It's so popular they sell it 1 bottle at a time and there's a waiting list.

But, yes, this beer you definitely want to drink when you're having only one. Unlike Schaefer.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but you can bring beer and wine onto Princess ships. I'm bringing 5 bottles on tomorrow's cruise. :) hubby just didn't want to bring a case, or else there'd be the last of the Oktoberfest in the wine box as well.

Sent on my Droid using Tapatalk

Late to the party here, but when I just checked Princess' website, it does not mention beer. Here's the first bit from the Alcohol Policy

"As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml), per voyage.* "

Sigh. I'll just keep looking for a ship with a decent selection.

Glad to see that I'm not the only person who finds the selection of beers to be awful on cruise lines.

I seem to recall being told that P and O at one point had a nice selection, though I've yet to be on a P and O cruise myself so cant comment on the veracity of the statement.

I can say that Carnival's selection is incredibly poor.

hi there! my hubby and i are going on a cruise to bahamas in october and interesting in knowing if anyone knows of a good bar there? and not bars w/ blue moon, dfh 90 min, the usual...we're looking for very unique/local micro brews. we have a very experienced beer palette and are always on the look out for something new to try or rare beers.

i'd love, love to be able to surprise him with a great place to go:) any help would be appreciated, thanks!

hi there! my hubby and i are going on a cruise to bahamas in october and interesting in knowing if anyone knows of a good bar there? and not bars w/ blue moon, dfh 90 min, the usual...we're looking for very unique/local micro brews. we have a very experienced beer palette and are always on the look out for something new to try or rare beers.

i'd love, love to be able to surprise him with a great place to go:) any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You won't get "local" micros in the Bahamas. Sands is the closest thing (probably per capita similar to a Sam Adams in the U.S.). Kalik (a Heineken-owned brand) is the big dog. They both produce a handful of styles, but nothing "interesting," IMHO. I don't really think the breweries are worth a visit if you've done other brewery tours (we went to Sands). The good news is that you'll find a lot of british beers in the Bahamas. We didn't stop anywhere that had great variety, but I'm sure they exist. Check out the Ports of Call boards and see if someone can recommend a good pub with lots of British beers.

Archived