Transport and Ideas?

samsara4

Advice needed for transport and tours

Hi,

Hope you can help, looking at the most smoothest way of travel to get from London St Pancras Station after taking the Eurostar from Paris to Southampton Pier to board a Princess ship.

Also can anyone give us some help on what to do with our luggage and ideas of a day tour in London after disembarking at Southampton Pier in the morning from a cruise, as our flight doesn't leave until 18.30pm that day.

Thanks for your help

samsara

The smoothest (and priciest!) would probably be a limo service to meet you at St. Pancras and drive you to Southampton. I believe Pam in CA has used a service in London for this; hopefully, she'll see your post and provide the name (I think it had "Wood" in it? Woodford? Something like that.).

It's also very easy to take the train from London to Southampton and grab a taxi at the train station to the port. You'll need to transfer from St. Pancras to Waterloo, which can be done by taxi. The train takes about an hour and a half. I've done it several times and it's very easy.

Is this all on embarkation day? I don't know how early your Eurostar train arrives in London but I'd be concerned about traffic delays out of London on the motorway and would definitely opt for the train.

For your departure day, I think a car service would be the perfect option for that day -- someplace to leave your bags and maximize your limited time, as you won't have that much since you have to be at the airport two hours prior, meaning heading there in rush hour.

Archived