Slippers - Nice Gift?

Hello Cruisers!

My dear friend is sailing on NOS next month with her family. She worked very hard to get on this cruise, so I wanted to treat her to a pre-ordered gift. Last year I arranged for an on-board credit. This year, I was thinking of an actual gift that will remind her of the trip later.

Are the slippers that RCCL has on the on-line ordering, nice & comfy? I was thinking of ordering them for her and her family. Thought it would be nice in the morning out on the balcony.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

I ordered the slippers for myself and my mom and they are nice and comfy. You know the back is open, correct? They are a nice terrycloth and the soles are nicely cushioned. Definitely worth the moolah and give me much pleasure when I slip them on and remind me of the great cruise we had on the Mariner.

On my last cruise on the Monarch I arranged for our cabin to be decorated with the Bon Voyage decorations. They turned out really nice and all of my friends who dropped by were most envious. They put crepe paper swags across your cabin and where they meet is a 12" round Bon Voyage sign with a ship on it. It also came with a choice of a vanilla cake with white frosting or chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. You cannot do vanilla cake with chocolate frosting or vice versa. Only white/white or dark/dark. I ordered the white/white and it was one of the best cakes I have ever had. Moist and tasty. Well worth the money spent.

So whatever you decide, please know that your friend will enjoy whatever you get her.

Theresa

P.S. That's a really nice thing that you are doing for your friend.

Thanks Theresa! I was hoping that they were nice & cushie!! I was looking at the decorations too! But I think I will save them for my friend's cabins when we all sail together for the holidays to Hawaii! Yeah!!

I do appreciate your feedback! Slippers for the family, it is!!

On all our cruises I always pick up Christmas ornaments from each port of call. Also, on board in the RC gift shops they have Christmas ornaments - they usually have several to choose from - I have a couple from each ship we have been on. When it is cold, snowy and we are putting up the tree they sure bring back memories. I am not sure if RC sells them on line, but they are very nice - mostly made out of pewter and gift-boxed. I have picked up several for friends.

Archived