Parking in Baltimore

LeeKay

I have been thinking of taking the 5 day Bermuda cruise out of Baltimore in the fall. We live in Ohio, so we will probably drive to Baltimore instead of flying, Mapquest says 8 hrs. Can anyone tell me what it would cost to park our car there for 5 days? Thanks.

The last time I was there, it was $15 per night. I looked on the port's site & it didn't say. Parking is really close to the terminal & ship. I like cruising from Baltimore. It's a 2 minute ride from I 95, you can't get lost finding it

$75 paid at the entrance, cash or credit.

Dan,

I see you're from London...have you made the drive to Baltimore? If so, how was it? I'm thinking about driving to my next cruise port instead of flying and Baltimore is on the short-list....

Thanks from a fellow Londoner...

It was a fun drive, especially using my father in laws old, un-updated GPS LOL. We left our old house in east London just after 8, drove to Westmount to pick up the in laws and were on the road just after 830. We were across the border at Lewiston NY just after 1030, and stopped for a washroom and coffee break near Buffalo Airport around 11. Lunch in Dansville NY, gas in Williamsport PA, and a couple washroom breaks along the way, rush hour traffic in a thunderstorm at Harrisburg, and we were at our hotel in Baltimore just after 6.

This was our second time we drove to a cruise (Boston in 2001 was the other), and I really like the convenience of having the car there. No having to worry about what you have packed, liquor, etc. Plus, coming back here from a place like Baltimore, you probably get in earlier than if you fly, with all the waiting around for flights. That's what we found with Boston, where we would have flown in to Buffalo, but we were driving past Buffalo airport earlier than the flight would have made it in.

We live in Green (halfway between Akron/Canton area). We've driven to Baltimore for the past several cruises (5 - 6 hours) and stayed at the Sleep Inn near the airport. They offer a room, with 14 days free parking, and shuttle before & after cruise. Parking rates at the dock pay for the room!

I have been thinking of taking the 5 day Bermuda cruise out of Baltimore in the fall. We live in Ohio, so we will probably drive to Baltimore instead of flying, Mapquest says 8 hrs. Can anyone tell me what it would cost to park our car there for 5 days? Thanks.

As a fellow Buckeye, I can tell you that parking at the port in Baltimore is not a problem. Very easy access off of I-95 and extremely well organized and directed parking once on the port property. Word of caution getting off I-95 onto the street that leads to the port entrance: the speed limit drops drastically in a short space and there have been reports of people starting their cruise with a speeding ticket. When I was there in June, there was indeed a policeman sitting close to the end of the exit ramp.

Plan on an overnight stay in or around Baltimore before the cruise. Don't try to drive the distance in one day and board the ship the same day.

Dan,

I see you're from London...have you made the drive to Baltimore? If so, how was it?

Well, it's a bloody mess getting through Piccadilly Circus, of course. But once you make it to the M3 motorway, it's a smooth ride all the way to Southampton. Once you get there, look for the Cunard berth. They'll take your car and . . . oh, wait, you mean the OTHER London . . . ;)

While the port parking is just fine, why not consider one of the park n stay options.

Don't forget you may be charged for the 6th day and that brings the cost up to $90 (plus tax).

For very little more you can stay at a good hotel, and take a shuttle to and from the port.well worth it!

We paid $120 plus tax. Includes a good breakfast.

We stayed at the Brookshire Suites which is part of the Harbor Magic group of hotels. Great!

Here is the link.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Chain=11781&template=HARBOR&shell=HARBOR&locale=en-US&promo=PKGSTAYCRUI&__utma=1.1368516899.1290135925.1290135925.1290135925.1&__utmb=1.12.10.1290135925&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1290135925.1.1.utmcsr%3dsearch%7cutmccn%3d(organic)%7cutmcmd%3dorganic%7cutmctr%3dBrookshire+Suites+baltimore&__utmv=-&__utmk=227709341

Better to drive in the day before.

While the port parking is just fine, why not consider one of the park n stay options.

Don't forget you may be charged for the 6th day and that brings the cost up to $90 (plus tax).

For very little more you can stay at a good hotel, and take a shuttle to and from the port.well worth it!

We paid $120 plus tax. Includes a good breakfast.

We stayed at the Brookshire Suites which is part of the Harbor Magic group of hotels. Great!

Here is the link.

https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Chain=11781&template=HARBOR&shell=HARBOR&locale=en-US&promo=PKGSTAYCRUI&__utma=1.1368516899.1290135925.1290135925.1290135925.1&__utmb=1.12.10.1290135925&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1290135925.1.1.utmcsr%3dsearch%7cutmccn%3d(organic)%7cutmcmd%3dorganic%7cutmctr%3dBrookshire+Suites+baltimore&__utmv=-&__utmk=227709341

Better to drive in the day before.

Why would you be charged a 6th day? They charge you based on the number of nights of your cruise, and you pay in advance.

I agree that coming in the night before is best. While a park and stay hotel might be the cheapest option (although you might be able to hotwire a hotel on the outskirts of town and pay for 5 nights of port parking for similar cost to a park and stay deal), having your car at the port is the most convenient when facing a long drive home. There are so many different stories on here about waiting for hotel shuttles, or having too many people going to the same hotel and having to wait for the shuttle to take a load and come back again. It's not something we took a chance with when we were there.

They can charge you for that 6th day because if you park early for your cruise and embark late you will be parking for 5 days and a

couple of hours. Those couple of hours can push you into an additional day of parking fees.

In the interests of honesty, I shared a cab with another couple going back to the hotel so as not to wait for the shuttle. It was $18 / 2.

Well worth it (even if paying solo) to avoid waiting. No problem going to cruise with shuttle.

They can charge you for that 6th day because if you park early for your cruise and embark late you will be parking for 5 days and a

couple of hours. Those couple of hours can push you into an additional day of parking fees.

In the interests of honesty, I shared a cab with another couple going back to the hotel so as not to wait for the shuttle. It was $18 / 2.

Well worth it (even if paying solo) to avoid waiting. No problem going to cruise with shuttle.

Sorry, have to disagree. You don't get a time stamp ticket like you do at a downtown parking lot. They know how long the cruise is everyone is parking for, and everyone pays that rate before they park. There is no one checking you on the way out. They don't know if you arrived at 9am on boarding day and left at 11am on debarkation day. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me that people who park there for a back to back cruise pay for the first cruise and can end up parking for free for the second one.

Archived