[B]Amsterdam airpor[/B]t

stuttgart

Amsterdam airport

We will be in Amsterdam airport for eight hours (from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Is it practical to go to town for few hours? If so, is there any public transportation and how far is the downtown from airport? Any suggestion? Thank you in advance:)

Amsterdam airport

We will be in Amsterdam airport for eight hours (from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Is it practical to go to town for few hours? If so, is there any public transportation and how far is the downtown from airport? Any suggestion? Thank you in advance:)

It is about a 15 min. trainride to Amsterdam Central Station. Train run very frequent.

check http://www.ns.nl for more details.

From there you can either walk around, maybe visit Anne Frankhuis or/and make a boatout through the canals of about 1 hour.

Depending where you fly to, be back at the airport about 2 hours before departure at the latest.

Also organised tours are offered at the airport.

[noparse]Amsterdam airport[/noparse]
As an aside, you might want to note that bold thread titles are a software function and not selectable by posters. Thread titles automatically show in bold to every member when they're unread by that member, and they automatically go back to normal font when they've been read by that member.

It is about a 15 min. trainride to Amsterdam Central Station. Train run very frequent.

check http://www.ns.nl for more details.

From there you can either walk around, maybe visit Anne Frankhuis or/and make a boatout through the canals of about 1 hour.

Depending where you fly to, be back at the airport about 2 hours before departure at the latest.

Also organised tours are offered at the airport.

Thank you for help and information. We will be there in the month of April. Last time I was there in 1965! If the train takes only 15 minutes, it will really help us to go around about 4 hours easily!

Thank you again :)

Thank you for help and information. We will be there in the month of April. Last time I was there in 1965! If the train takes only 15 minutes, it will really help us to go around about 4 hours easily!

Thank you again :)

I would calculate close to an 1 hour than 15 minutes. Remember, you might want to store your handluggage in a locker, you have to find your way to the station, buy a ticket, wait for the train, find your bearings in Amsterdam.

I would calculate close to an 1 hour than 15 minutes. Remember, you might want to store your handluggage in a locker, you have to find your way to the station, buy a ticket, wait for the train, find your bearings in Amsterdam.

Thank you for your good suggestion. Last time I was there in 1965 (long time ago). There fore I need as much as possible advice to see the city again instate of sitting all these hours at the airport… Thank you:)

• 4 months later...

Archived