Escargot

djcass4199

• 3 weeks later...
Does Carnival still do escargot as an appetizer in the main dining room?

I had it on my last Carnival cruise in 2007 and it was excellent!!! For those who have had it recently, is it still good (assuming it's still available)?

We were on the Freedom last August and they offered it on one of the formal nights then. It was good and I am glad that I ordered it, but the best escargot that I have had was on Celebrity.

Does Carnival still do escargot as an appetizer in the main dining room?

I had it on my last Carnival cruise in 2007 and it was excellent!!! For those who have had it recently, is it still good (assuming it's still available)?

I don't know about Carnival, but Celebrity had it always available and it is excellent. Out of the 14 nights, I'll bet I ordered them 4 times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Celebrity has in on the everyday menu. Last year on the Eclipse TA my husband was ordering it every night. Near the end of the cruise they ran out of snails so started making it with lobster. The waiter was very apologetic about the change but it was delicious. As posted above, it is all about the garlic butter.

• 2 weeks later...
You kind of have to forget about what you're eating(tricky, because most of the time, snails are served in their shells).I love 'em.They're certainly not for everyone.Plus, it probably doesn't hurt that I love garlic and butter!

I have had it on Princess and LOVED it! Now if they severed it in the shell I probably couldn't get pass that! lol

Princess has the BEST escargot! :D

Oh Carolyn I agree with you! They are the BEST I have ever had. DH finally tried them and now he likes them too. Only differences is I LOVE THEM! lol

I will be ordering them come this Feb, and hoping to get them at least three nights on a 10 day cruise. :D

Archived