Coco Cay ??

sunny days

I've been reading a lot of reviews and have noticed that it seems like Coco Cay has been cancelled quite often because of weather. I am scheduled to go there on a cruise the end of April. Does anyone know if the weather is better than?? The main reason I booked this cruise was to go to Coco Cay. I would really hate to miss it. I'm hoping the bad weather is just a winter thing. Thanks for any imput.

My experience has been the weather is usually better April - June. We are also going to Cococay end of April, can't wait it's been 13 years since we've seen her. We missed Labadee in Sept 99 due to weather. Hopefully we will all have smooth sailing in April. :)

Thanks for the encouraging words! I was on Cococay in Dec. of '84 so it's been a long time. I think it was called Little Stirup Cay back than?? I was on a cruise on the Emerald Seas who I believe was owned by Eastern Cruise Line??? I think Royal bought them out. We loved our time on Cococay and have always wanted to go back.

We Love this place!.....Have been 2 or 3 times and missed it once or twice...can't remember exactly but when we missed it was Jan or Feb and seas are a bit rougher around the Is. that time of year I guess......But I think it can be the luck of the draw.........Hopefully April is good b/c the weather should certainly be better.

You just never know. Keep in mind that Coco Cay may be canceled and don't let it ruin the whole cruise.

I was on a cruise with a Coco Cay port call last April and we did make it. The week before us, that cruise didn't. I'll also be there this April (hopefully) and can only pray for good weather. This will be my 4th April cruise with a private island port and so far, I've only made it to the island once (last year.) Now that I've been there and know how amazing it is, I'm REALLY hoping we can make the stop again this year! I LOVE Coco Cay!!!!

The point to my rambling was...hope for the best but plan for the worst and ENJOY your cruise no matter what.

We went in may on Monarch from Port Canaveral. Coco Cay was our first port however due to high winds we couldnt make the stop so we went to Nassau arriving at noon and stayed over night and the following day. They did however replace our last day which was supposed to be a sea day with Coco Cay. that was fine minus the fact that majesty was there too. Anyways if you miss it they will try and come back. If you dont get to go dont let it ruin your cruise!

Archived