Is Holyhead Wales a tender port?

catlady1

Hello all

We are considering booking a tour at this port. We will be on the Grand Princess arriving 5/18. The tour company requires full payment in advance. The itinerary with Princess indicates that this is a tender port. I am concerned about making full payment in advance at a tender port in case we can't tender in. I Emailed the tour operator BusyBus and he just Emailed back indicating the Holyhead has built a new dock and it is no longer a tender port. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Mike and Marie

Hello all

We are considering booking a tour at this port. We will be on the Grand Princess arriving 5/18. The tour company requires full payment in advance. The itinerary with Princess indicates that this is a tender port. I am concerned about making full payment in advance at a tender port in case we can't tender in. I Emailed the tour operator BusyBus and he just Emailed back indicating the Holyhead has built a new dock and it is no longer a tender port. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

Mike and Marie

Hi - We will be heading to Holyhead in July and one of my concerns with giving a "non-refundable" deposti was the very rough seas and the inability of the ships to tender in. when I emailed my concerns to one of the tour guides I was told that they are now working on expanding the dock so that ships can dock right next to the pier. I did hire a guide and he said they were working on the pier and it should be finished by the time we get there. I don't know if that helps, but I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping we get there with no problems. We did hire a guide, and I did send him a deposit.

Hi Lyn - Been following your posts. Hope you are well - have you been on the Marina yet :confused: . Thought you were going on one of the first cruises. Let me know if you loved it. We are doing a Marina cruise in July.

Ronnie

On what ship?

Marco Polo

There were buses to take us along the pier & there was a local singing/dancing group to entertain us on the pier (not included in the video because I hadn't asked permission of the people)

Marco Polo

There were buses to take us along the pier & there was a local singing/dancing group to entertain us on the pier (not included in the video because I hadn't asked permission of the people)

That doesn't really assist the OP given the relative size of the Marco Polo and the Grand Princess.

WD

That doesn't really assist the OP given the relative size of the Marco Polo and the Grand Princess.

Here's the port's own guidelines for cruise ships:

http://www.holyheadport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=27

http://www.holyheadport.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=84

Archived