Wine?????

Meg0611

Going on Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas at the end of February, and have a quick question... I know that you are alllowed to take one bottle of wine per person on board before departing, but I read someone's post on here that you could bring 1 bottle of wine from each port you visit.... is this true???

No...you're wrong. RCI doesn't allow ANY wine or other alcohol to be brought onboard for consumption. If you buy wine at a port, they will take it, and hold it until you depart.

Same with bringing alcohol (of any kind) aboard....if it's in the original bottle, they'll take it and hold it....otherwise (if you put it in some other container) they'll throw it away.

Of course, some do get their "smuggled" alcohol onboard...it's hit or miss. No guarantees!

My friend from one of my roll calls tried to bring a gift bottle of wine, and they wouldnt even allow him to give it to a crew member, and have it sent to the employee, they conficated it.

You probably are thinking of another cruiseline .. as some allow it, but not RCL.

Is this something relatively new with RCL. I cruised on them last in 2007 and then they still allowed you to bring soda and wine abroad for in cabin consumption?

Have a great next cruise.

Yes, its relatively new. The cruise industry is very dynamic and many things including rules, service, cusine, entertainment, ships, etc are always changing. This is one reason why when many folks give advice on cruise lines you need to have a good idea when they were last on the line. We do a lot of cruising (about 10 -12 weeks a year) on many different lines and our favorite cruise line from three years ago (RCI) is now way down our list of favorite cruise lines. About the only thing that has withstood the test of time on RCI is "Henry." Now think about that !

Hank

Is this something relatively new with RCL. I cruised on them last in 2007 and then they still allowed you to bring soda and wine abroad for in cabin consumption?

Have a great next cruise.

I was on RCL in April of 2007 and the rule regarding wine had already changed by then Im pretty certain ..it was already aginst the rules by then. But I do remember them talking about how it used to be and that you could buy something in the duty free and take it to your room .. things have changed.

Archived