The Galveston Texas Cruise Cam Watch Group

cruiser fanatic

As for the triumph coming to Galveston....in my opinion, that is a major upgrade from Ecstasy. We sailed on the Triumph 3 times last year and loved it. BTW, I also enjoy watching the Triumph sail away on the NOLA cams. :)

i totally agree with that statement.

honestly, i'm hesitant to book a fantasy class ship for my family, which is who i typically cruise with.

i'd be all for a quicky weekend cruise or something solo - and very very almost (damn rain) went on the 4th of july fog cruise to nowhere - but frankly ecstasy's pricing is out of line for the shorter cruises in general.

i'm very much more confident and happy with triumph coming to port... looking at 10/10/11, with much interest - first 5 day in galveston, actually :D

Just heard muster drill. Not sure which ship as two are in today.

probably conquest. i've noted she seems to leave about an hour before voyager on most days.

while i think it's awesome that you can see the ships down the street and hear the horn...

i think it would drive me crazy :eek:

i'd be so upset every week... lol. :)

i totally agree with that statement.

honestly, i'm hesitant to book a fantasy class ship for my family, which is who i typically cruise with.

i'd be all for a quicky weekend cruise or something solo - and very very almost (damn rain) went on the 4th of july fog cruise to nowhere - but frankly ecstasy's pricing is out of line for the shorter cruises in general.

i'm very much more confident and happy with triumph coming to port... looking at 10/10/11, with much interest - first 5 day in galveston, actually :D

In 2009, I was fortunate enough to go on two cruises, 2 or 3 weeks apart....first on Conquest and 2nd on Ecstasy. It was my 2nd time to cruise on Ecstasy, so I was familiar with the ship. However, after coming off Conquest, I was struck with the huge difference between the two ships. I felt like asking, "Where's the rest of the ship??" LOL! Triumph class is as close to Conquest class as you can get. The differences are minor....no steak house or fish & chips place on the Triumph. But the layout and size are almost identical. I think you will enjoy those "quickies" on the Triumph. We surely have!! :D

However, after coming off Conquest, I was struck with the huge difference between the two ships. I felt like asking, "Where's the rest of the ship??" LOL! Triumph class is as close to Conquest class as you can get. The differences are minor....no steak house or fish & chips place on the Triumph. But the layout and size are almost identical. I think you will enjoy those "quickies" on the Triumph. We surely have!! :D

i entirely understand what you're saying. that's exactly what i'm cautious about with the fantasy class ships.

compared to 'what we know' i perceive it to be a 'downgrade' so i'm not keen to that idea.

i've been on destiny... which is basically the same as triumph and victory - but they just have more passenger cabins, with the same general layout. so destiny is actually better if you ask me, but i loved it regardless.

way more bang for the buck, per se, in more stuff to do, more venues, etc. and balcony cabins vs. fantasy class. very happy with the short-haul upgrade in triumph.

and you're very correct - it's just a few tweaks short of a conquest class ship. no doubt. :)

probably conquest. i've noted she seems to leave about an hour before voyager on most days.

while i think it's awesome that you can see the ships down the street and hear the horn...

i think it would drive me crazy :eek:

i'd be so upset every week... lol. :)

Well Hello Falkcor, told you many months ago we were moving to Galveston and we made it the end of last July. :D I love hearing the horns and as long as we have a Cruise or two booked I'm OK with it. :p We didn't pick the house because of it's location but we're not unhappy with being so close to the port area either. ;)

I kinda like the new webcam angle.

It showed the entire Ecstasy pirouette! The one where she was broadside to the camera was "brilliant" to quote a certain husky senior cruise director...

Can't wait to see the Conquest this Sunday, because I'm GETTIN' ON HER!

I was just thinking I didn't care for it as you can't see if anyone is watching her come in from behind the Harbor House. Lots of folks would turn and wave at the camera.

Lucky you we have to wait until May to sail again heading East on May 15th!

I am watching! I saw her sail in on the Harbor cam. And can see her on the cruise cam. I can't believe I will be on her for my first cruise in Oct!!!

We like the Ecstasy and with her dry dock upgrades she's a great ship. Drop me an email and I'll send you photos from last May when we sailed on her. She's unlike any other Fantasy Class ship with the upgrades. And for your first Cruise is a perfect ship as she's not to big and very easy to find your way around! :)

I'm glad we got a shot of us on the pier last December before they changed the camera. Nothing quite like the excitement and anticipation of sail-away-day!

5433825790_ed502bf359_z.jpg

Hopefully they will move it back to this view. But at least it's back up and working as on Sunday it had some real problems from the ice we had on thur-fri. Didn't get a lot but between the ice and the wind the camera was out.

Yeah I am not liking the way that it is set up now at all. I hope they move it soon.

Just took a quick look at your blog! One - breath in-breath out the day will get better! The sun is peaking out down here and we're all due for some warmer weather by the weekend! :D Two - Just because your cruising with someone else doesn't mean you have to be stuck together at the hip all the time! If you want you beach day at Nachi keep it. ;) Give them all the info for the Dune Buggy and tell them to have fun you heading to the beach for some R&R with good food and drinks! Went to Nachi this past December it was very relaxing and we had a good day. :)

Is it just me, or does the Ecstasy look like she's listing to the left a little? Maybe it's the camera angle? 3 of my friends should be on her right now. :)

I think it's just the way the camera is sitting if you look across to what ever that is they're building.............it's a little off.

We almost sailed together once, are you coming over to try out the Magic once she arrives?

Archived