Which night to skip MDR for a specialty restaurant?

bsbcgirl

We enjoy dressing up, so we do not want to miss the MDR on the 2 formal nights or the 1st night. However, if I recall from our last cruise in July on FOS, there was 1 or 2 nights where the menu was a little weaker than others. Does anyone have the 7 night menu for Allure? We are sailing the Western itinerary. Thank you.

I sailed the eastern route in January; our waiter told us Thursday night was the best night to eat in specialty resturaunt; he said the MDR menu was no big deal; we ate at Chops on Thursday night. Maybe the western itinerary is the same for food. Our formal nights were Monday and Friday. Lobster night was Friday night.

I am also interested in this. I know that the western itinerary formal nights are 2 and 5, so Sunday and Thursday. Of course the "weaker meals" are subjective to each person. But I know when I booked Oasis last fall we ate at specialty restaurants on day 3, 4, and 5 (our second formal night was day 6). Now, it turned out that our menu was off a bit from the "standard" days because of Thanksgiving and I know one of the days we looked at the menu and would have been happy in the MDR but already had specialty reservations. (We still took the kids to the MDR for dinner on the nights we had specialty reservations)

Looking back at our itemized sea pass account we ordered Chops Filets into the MDR on Day 7 because there was nothing on the menu we wanted.

I believe the menu "days" can be switched around at the captain discretion, so use the menus posted as a loose guide.

Here is one link that I used for our Oasis planning that I found here on CC (keep in mind the menus are fleetwide)

http://www.retirease.com/Oasis%20MDR%20Menus.pdf

Hopefully someone can verify if these are still accurate.

Archived