Jewel of the Seas Drydock

Alan13

Now, I'm confused because Jewel does show up on the drydock schedule but there's a 10 day cruise listed on the RCI site that leaves March 28th. Maybe they changed the date of the drydock. Does anyone know?

Now, I'm confused because Jewel does show up on the drydock schedule but there's a 10 day cruise listed on the RCI site that leaves March 28th. Maybe they changed the date of the drydock. Does anyone know?

Perhaps because he is saying the the drydock is April...

She's going into dry dock on April 29! and not March

She's going into dry dock on April 29! and not March

Latest DryDock schedule

Dated November 16, 2010 from Albert Ross.

Thank you again Albert. ;)

Please, do not copy or post any other schedule other than this one on the boards.

Unless, it comes from Albert Ross and has a date newer than November 16, 2010. ;)

There are many changes on this new schedule from the last one dated May 22, 2010. I have placed an asterisk next to the ships with the changes in dates.

Please note: At the bottom of the schedule it says,

"Anything without TBC is confirmed.

That means that these ships with the TBC are dates that are not final and can be changed.

Monarch of the Seas 6-15 MAY 2011

* Majesty of the Seas 27 FEB- 5 MAR 2012 TBC

Legend of the Seas OCT 2012 TBC

Splendour of the Seas 4 - 14 APR 2011 ** Possible change to Nov.

*Grandeur of the Seas 28 APR - 29 MAY 2012 TBC

*Enchantment of the Seas 1 DEC- 15 DEC 2012 TBC

Rhapsody of the Seas 16 FEB - 1 MAR 2012

Vision of the Seas 20 NOV - 30 NOV 2010

*Voyager of the Seas 26 Apr - 17 MAY 2014 TBC

*Explorer of the Seas 30 NOV - 21 DEC 2014 TBC

*Adventure of the Seas 12 JAN - 2 FEB 2014 TBC

*Navigator of the Seas 13 NOV - 24 NOV 2013 TBC

Mariner of the Seas 22 APR - 1 MAY 2012 TBC

Radiance of the Seas-May 20 - 10 June 2011

*Brilliance of the Seas 5 MAY - 26 MAY 2013 TBC

*Serenade of the Seas 13 JAN - 3 FEB 2013 TBC

Jewel of the Seas 29 APR - 6 MAY 2011

Freedom of the Seas 20 MAR - 27 MAR 2011

Liberty of the Seas 23 - 30 JAN 2011

Independence of the Seas MAR 2013

*Oasis of the Seas 20 SEP - 30 SEP 2014 TBC

*Allure of the Seas 20 SEP - 30 SEP 2015 TBC

Anything without TBC is confirmed.

With TBC can be changed.

As with any schedule, they can change at any time.

If anyone hears anything new while on a cruise, etc. please post it on here and I will try to check it out.

Thank you,

Alexis

I would suspect that it is right before the Transatlantic and that it is only a week that they are just cleaning the hull doing some carpet repair azipod inspections etc. one week does not give them much time, and i don't like when they do it right before the transatlantic because sometimes if they don't get finished they will continue the work while sailing and you don't want the pool closed or something like that.

Just my opinion of course

happy sailing

Brian J

I just got off the beautiful Jewel today (FABULOUS 10-night Caribbean and Panama cruise) and they said what Brian J speculated...it is just a hull and azipod thing, no interior work is going to be done during this dry dock. They did replace balcony tables and chairs (at least on Deck 9) during this cruise.

I am kind of glad that they arent adding the Oasis things to the Jewel. I think the Jewel is such a beautiful ship as is. I always thought she reminded me a lot more of a big yacht than a cruise ship. So much wood and glass.

It doesnt hurt to keep a few of the ships more traditional.

Dont get me wrong...I love the new things...I am glad the Freedom gets them before we cruise in October.

But it is nice to know we can still do the Jewel and get a very different experience if that is what we want next time.

• 1 month later...

I just got back from my cruise yesterday and when we boarded the Jewel on March 7th, the "suits" were walking around talking about repurposing the pedestals that have the ship map on it in the centrum or removing them completely, and about changing the pit stop to something else. They weren't talking very loud so I couldn't get much information out of their convo.

Does anyone know if the Jewel a Diamond Lounge? We will be doing the repo in October and it is just our third Diamond cruise. First was on Oasis and the second on Liberty. We know the larger ships have them, but haven't been on the Jewel in a few years. We would just like to know what to expect. Thank you.

I am surprised they are not doing the same (or similar) enhancements to the Jewel that they are doing to the Radiance.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_royal_advantage_RD&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main&discriminators=0

It will be interesting to see how they end up fitting all of this on the Radiance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

My wife and I live in Harwich, UK and every year we watch the lovely Jewel of the Seas come across the pond in May and leave again in early September.

Last year she definately was not the gleaming white she was in 2009 and looked as the song went "A Whiter Shade of Pale". We were on her on the Sept. 2010 repo from Harwich to Boston when the Captain was "Stig" Nilsen and the Cruise Director Simeon Baker - a perfect combination and a great time was had by all. What made it extra special for me was that the 390th anniversay of the sailng of the Mayflower was celebrated during the cruise and I helped give a lecture about that. The Mayflower was built in Harwich,UK around 1595 and I am part of the team that is building a new full-sized replica Mayflower of Harwich that will sail to New England on the 400th anniversary in 2020.

Regarding the much needed paint job on the ship - I am concerned that when we board her again this August for a Baltic cruise, the blue nose that was painted on the helicopter deck will not be there anymore. On last years TA the Jewel crossed the Arctic Circle for the first time and Capt. Stig ordered that the ship should be painted on her nose the same as the passengers were.

I am also glad that she is not being given the "Radiance" treatment this year as the Seaside cafe is fine as it is.

Best wishes and we will be on the dock to welcome the sparkling Jewel come home to Harwich.

Paul

I am kind of glad that they arent adding the Oasis things to the Jewel. I think the Jewel is such a beautiful ship as is. I always thought she reminded me a lot more of a big yacht than a cruise ship. So much wood and glass.

It doesnt hurt to keep a few of the ships more traditional.

Dont get me wrong...I love the new things...I am glad the Freedom gets them before we cruise in October.

But it is nice to know we can still do the Jewel and get a very different experience if that is what we want next time.

Once we see how the Radiance turns out we can decide whether or not we would like to see similar things done to Jewel. Most of the things being added to Radiance make her seem more attractive so I will reserve judgment about making similar revisions to Jewel until I see how well Radiance works. When we were last on Jewel in February, the staff indicated that Jewel might well be the last of the Radiance class ships to get the changes.

Does anyone know if the Jewel a Diamond Lounge? We will be doing the repo in October and it is just our third Diamond cruise. First was on Oasis and the second on Liberty. We know the larger ships have them, but haven't been on the Jewel in a few years. We would just like to know what to expect. Thank you.

None of the Radiance class ships currently have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. The Radiance will be getting one when it goes into drydock and gets many of the new features added to her. At present, and depending on the number of Diamond members are onboard a particular sailing, the nightly Diamond event is held either in the Hollywood Odyssey or the Vortex on Deck 13. In time the changes that are planned for Radiance may also be added to Jewel but the timetable for these things is not yet public.:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul:

We were also on the 2010 TA on the Jewel and also loved Capt Stig and Simeon. I wondered about the Jewel's blue nose when I heard about a new paintjob. We had such a good time on that trip that we have booked the 2012 TA on the Jewel.

Paula

Looks like the Jewel drydock has changed to April 23 to May 3. There is a transAtlantic from Miami scheduled on May 3.

We're booked on the April 23rd Jewel cruise. I was checking "my cruises" on the RCI website and noticed that this didn't show up. So I reentered it and got an error message. I called RCI, was on hold and then transferred to revenue.

The lady said "no matter how many times you call, the answer is going to be the same!!!" I was flabbergasted, confused and stammered "Huh? I haven't called before." She was rude. She said something to the effect (and I'm not sure what her exact words were) that an pricing reassessment was taking place. It didn't make sense to me so I said "is this cruise cancelled?" She said "no, it is not."

I checked with others on the roll call. We are speculating that perhaps a group is negotiating a charter for this date. From what I understand the April 28th prior to the transatlantic is a charter as that itinerary was either never listed or disappeared early on. Ah, the suspense! This happened to us several years ago - again on the Jewel if I remember correctly. It was a repositioning from Boston (?) and finally ending up in Florida. It was a maintenance issue with the props. We were offered 2 or 3 other itineraries none of which fit into our schedule. We found out the itinerary had been cancelled through the roll call and for some reason never got the notification.

We were on the Jewel in February for eleven days and hubby says there was one just off the Odyssy Lounge - he went looking for our friends who were supposed to meet us in the Concierge and found the Diamond Lounge:)

Jewel does not have a Diamond Lounge like on Freedom class ships and above. That is where the nightly Diamond Event was being held for D/D+ Members on your cruise.

Radiance is getting an actual Diamond Lounge when she goes into dry dock next week and it will have all the amenities that are found in the Concierge Lounge.

We were in the concierge lounge for Diamond plus members - there was a room off of the Odyssy that said Diamond Lounge:)

There is no room off the Hollywood Odyssey. It said Diamond Lounge for the nightly Diamond Event, but it wasn't a true Diamond Lounge like you will find on Freedom class as well as Oasis class.

Had the same thing on our TA on Jewel last September which was also used an an overflow lounge for D+ Members as well.

Archived