Carib Princess Pools question

Bustersmom

Reading all the posts regarding chair hogs made me think to ask about what might be the least crowded of the pools on the Carib Princess? I have been lucky to go to many carib locations as well as Hawaii and at every single resort I have experienced the chair saving routine, in fact, I am guilty of it myself. I agree that to save a chair for hours on end is ridiculous, but to be up early and put your items on a chair before you go to breakfast etc seems to be an ok thing to do as long as you are returning to use the chair within a reasonable time. That is my two cents!

I've heard that the Terrace Pool and the forward adults-only pool tend to be less-crowded and fewer chair hogs. Downside is, I've also heard they typically are shaded most of the day, too.

I'll let you know for sure when I get back next weekend! :)

I MYSELF DO NOT AGREE WITH CHAIR HOGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have went by the pools in the mornings on my way to breakfast and almost every chair by the pool has someone's stuff on them, NOT SOMEONE. Maybe they think 2-3 hours is a reasonable amount of time????

I think when you are ready to use the pool then you find a chair, simple as that... Oh well, there will always be chair hoggs no matter which ship you are on...

This is just my opinion!!!!!!!!!

DH and I are on the Caribbean in another month and we opted for an aft cabin, which has a rather large balcony. It appears there are a couple of chaise lounges and a couple of chairs on the deck, from the pics I've seen.

Hopefully, we'll be able to sun on our balcony. . . not sure until I see it.

Quite by accident, I found a small pool on the Caribbean Princess that doesn't show up on any of the ship legends. DH and I were sitting at the Terrace Pool, and I wanted to get into a hot tub.

Another passenger directed me up the stairs (aft) to a single hot tub. To my surprise, there was also a small pool tucked away behind a bar and probably underneath another bar. In order to get into this tiny pool, I had to climb down a ladder because the water level is several feet below the edge of the pool. The water was chilly because it receives no sunlight, but it was a nice private place for my water aerobics.

Chris

Quite by accident, I found a small pool on the Caribbean Princess that doesn't show up on any of the ship legends. DH and I were sitting at the Terrace Pool, and I wanted to get into a hot tub.

Another passenger directed me up the stairs (aft) to a single hot tub. To my surprise, there was also a small pool tucked away behind a bar and probably underneath another bar. In order to get into this tiny pool, I had to climb down a ladder because the water level is several feet below the edge of the pool. The water was chilly because it receives no sunlight, but it was a nice private place for my water aerobics.

Chris

Are you talking about the sports deck pool near the shuffleboard? There is a hot tub, a splash pool and another little pool there according to the deckplans. Or are you talking about another deck?

Are you talking about the sports deck pool near the shuffleboard? There is a hot tub, a splash pool and another little pool there according to the deckplans. Or are you talking about another deck?

I think this pool is in front of Morgan's on the Sports Deck. I don't recall the Shuffleboard Court, but I used the hot tub there and saw the Splash Pool. The pool I'm talking about is totally covered from above, small and oval-shaped, and about 4.5' deep.

Shhhhhhh, Chris, we need to keep it a secret.:D

It is in front of Morgan's, we happen to find this pool when I wanted to check out the kids splash pool area.

The main pool area is always crowded because of "chair hogs" But there are plenty of chairs around for you to find one away from those two main pools. The terrace pool (aft) is relatively shaded most of the day because of Skywalkers and the Lotus pool (forward) has some sun with a small amount of chairs right next to it.

Archived