Pre Cruise Hotel Galveston

tinsel57

That is a new hotel, but it should have the usual qualities of La Quintas everywhere, a large room for your money. It's also on the Seawall, so the Gulf is just across the street.

The Quality Inn someone mentioned is new, also a Holiday Inn Seabreeze just opened on the Seawall.

Getting frustrated.....has anyone found any decent (as in decent price, clean)lodging in Galveston for Aug. 27? After reading these boards and searching, it seems most are pricey and not all that great...any suggestions for a quick overnighter pre-cruise that would fit a family on a budget? Would be arriving at about 8pm and leaving early next morning to drop off rental car and board ship. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You might want to check the Super 8. I'm not familiar with the area of Galveston in which it's located, but it seems reasonably priced.

If you do stay there, could you let us know how it was? We're contemplating using it in December.

Moonstoners

We're going on the 7 day RCCL. My husband finishes up chemo and radiation in 2 days. Had a brain tumor- had surgery- now chemo and radiation. We pray all will be fine. The same for you.

I wish your husband lots of love and luck chemo is soo hard on us, its great he has that crusie to look forward to, as I do for same date Jan 2 but different ship, I finished chemo july 21 and my white cells were soo low after I had to either be in hospital for a few days or avoid people at home, I had an infection, Im ok now and waiting to see if tests say I need radiation too, but like your husband I will be ok and on a crusie jan 2 and with very short new hair.

back tocrusie talk, has anyone stayed at Hyatt Regency Houston Airport as we have now decided to let RCCL book our air flight and hotel, and according to their web site this is the hotel they used in houston

Valerie

thanks

back tocrusie talk, has anyone stayed at Hyatt Regency Houston Airport as we have now decided to let RCCL book our air flight and hotel, and according to their web site this is the hotel they used in houston

Valerie

thanks

I have. I use to organize a lot of business meetings there, basically used the vast majority of the entire hotel. I never had a problem with the place. It's a standard type business hotel, not luxerious but certainly not motel 6. I thought it was fine.

thanks for your reply. it does look nice, and as I do not know yet what time rccl flight will get us in the day before our crusie I m not sure how much time we will have for enjoying our surroundings, as long as its clean and nice its o,

but if that pool is heated I will be in for a refreshing swim before sleep comes the night before

o im soo excited now for the crusie

We are flying into Houston Hobby the night before our cruise. Since we get in a little late (9:00pm), I thought it would be better to stay near Houston Hobby and drive down early the next morning and check out Galveston. Looks like about a 45 minute drive.

I did Priceline and got the HOU Marriott for $49 + tax. Seems like a better hotel deal and we still have time to explore Galveston.

Enjoy!

Kel

We gone out of Galveston twice now. Both times we stayed in Houston the night before in an inexpensive hotel and taken Galveston Limo (shuttle bus) from the airport to the pier. cost of the shuttle is $50 RT per person. there are a bunch of hotels in the $60 range there with no 2 night stay requierd

:rolleyes:

As previous posters have said, be careful of staying off the beaten path in Galveston. If you want reasonable hotels, there are several little Texas Towns north of Galveston some 20 to 30 miles on I 45, any where from Hobby Air port area up to Dickinson, Texas. League City has a couple chains that are reasonable there is a Days In on Expedia in Dickinson for $58 to $68.00 a night. Yes, you will have to pay parking at the port, however, it is

a very eary drive in from any one of these towns as long as you stay on I-45 to the casueway and then 1st exit off casue way turn left. There is no beach in these area but you would be close the Nasa and Kemah all worth seeing. We live in this area so can speak with some knowledge. Happy travels.

• 1 month later...

We just changed our pre-cruise booking to the Harbor House. My brother had originally booked our five rooms at $159/room. I checked out an online booking agency (not sure if I"m allowed to mention them here, so if it gets erased, e-mail me directly for the URL------we used www.hotels.ca). Got a rate of $79 Canadian, which is about $55 US, I think.

Quite a savings!

Moonstoners

We stayed at the Harbor House before our cruise last December. We loved it.

We were able to open the windows and watch the Grand come into port. I then went outside in my pj's and a coat to watch it dock. We walked about two blocks and toured the Strand District also.

You are only, at the most, a quarter mile from the port. Since we had rented a car from Houston and returned it that morning, we walked, rolling our luggage to the port to check in for our cruise.

If we're ever in Galveston, we'll stay at the Harbor House again.

Here is my review of my last cruise- the first few paragraphs are about Galveston and should be helpful.

If I were to sail out of Galveston again, which would mean that Carnival is giving away free cruises and free airfare, I would definitely stay at the Harbor House.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/CarnivalCruiseLines/Elation79.htm

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen much on the Victorian Condo-Hotel. We talked with the hotel itself during regular business hours and by telling them we were on a cruise we were able to book a single night only (Sat). They provide free shuttle service to the cruise terminal. (I believe they provide free parking, but we won't be making use of it.)

We were able to get a rate of $109 for New Year's Eve for a room that sleeps 8. (2 bedroom suite with a fold out couch and another alcove with bunk beds for the kids).

My SIL has stayed there and says it is nice for putting up a large group. (We have 13 in our party.)

Archived