room service in suite with an extra guest

Bustersmom

Just order what you want and if your friend "helps" you out, don't worry about it. If you wanted to order for a "posse" of 10-12 friends, like someone posted a few weeks ago that they wanted to do, that would be stretching the perk. It's not unusual for someone to order two appetizers, two entrees, and/or two desserts in the dining room; why would it be different in a full suite? I have no problem with what you want to do, and I tend to be pretty conservative.

Again many thanks to all! We are so looking forward to this trip, have not been on a cruise since 2004! Our single friend has never been on on one and has no idea how "grand" it can be. We are on the Grand in December. I appreciate everyone's comments and insights. Love this forum, always have. Just wish I could be more of a help! After my trip I will be! As an aside, I was talking to a few friends the other day and said how I get a kick out of some of the comments on the foods served on every cruise line! Here is my thought, I did not have to go out and "hunt it" (grocery store) drag it home, put it away and then dog gone it, think up yet another way of cooking it, serve it, clean up after and so on and so on. I think if someone served me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every meal and I had to do nothing but eat, hey thats a good day for me!

No worries AT ALL of requesting lunch (or dinner) for additional people. We have travelled with friends and family several times and had meals in our suites for more than just us. You can also have tea delivered to your stateroom. When you make the request, let them know how many and they'll take care of the rest.

On our past few cruises, it seems Princess is starting to use "dedicated" room service personnel. We seem to have the same person over and over. I'm always prepared with a couple of dollars to tip any time we get room service. As such we have received EXCELLENT service and the servers are always so appreciative.

Enjoy your suite and rest assured that entertaining your friend in your suite, including a meal or two, is no problem at all.

you probably can get away with it but it is just like sending their laundry out with yours. You are overstepping the perks. I suppose you feel that you are paying so much for your suite that it won't make any difference BUT I'm sure they keep track of all suite orders and if a lot of people have been doing this, no wonder suites cost so much.

This is simply not true at all...our room steward actually informed us of this perk when we boarded, and encouraged us to have our kids join us. Enjoy your suite...you will be spoiled for life!

Encouraging people to abuse/overstep the suite perqs. No wonder suites cost so much.;)

FYI ... tea in your stateroom isn't just a suite perk ... Elites can have the same thing. They bring enough food for more than two! All you need to make sure of is that you have enough place settings and tea for each person.

Suite perks that can't be shared are very clearly spelled out, i.e. breakfast at Sabatini's and use of the thermal suite.

They do make you feel special and spoil you. Believe me, it is hard to "go back"!

Encouraging people to abuse/overstep the suite perqs. No wonder suites cost so much.;)

WE ordered it twice on our last 14 day cruise. Each time, room service ask "how many people is it for?"

Everyone can stop in and get it somewhere (can't remember which place) since they offer it either daily or every other day.

It is not abuse of the suite perks

WE ordered it twice on our last 14 day cruise. Each time, room service ask "how many people is it for?"

Everyone can stop in and get it somewhere (can't remember which place) since they offer it either daily or every other day.

It is not abuse of the suite perks

Not sure how having guests for the tea service in the suite is any different than having guests and ordering off the dining room menu. Both are suite perqs that are not available to non-suite cabins. Both provide something that anyone can get in the dining room (you can go to one of the dining rooms for meals off the dining room menu as well as tea service). The benefit of being in a suite is that you can get them delivered to your cabin. Both require some extra work on the part of the room service staff.

Personally, I don't think either scenario is abusing the suite perqs. But, if one is overstepping the suite perqs, so is the other.

FYI ... tea in your stateroom isn't just a suite perk ... Elites can have the same thing. They bring enough food for more than two! All you need to make sure of is that you have enough place settings and tea for each person.

Suite perks that can't be shared are very clearly spelled out, i.e. breakfast at Sabatini's and use of the thermal suite.

They do make you feel special and spoil you. Believe me, it is hard to "go back"!

FYI...I am aware that tea in your stateroom is an elite perq (see my post #8 in this thread). I am also aware that they bring enough food for more than 2. On our last cruise we ordered elite tea service for 4. They asked if we wanted the cakes, cookies, sandwiches, etc. for 4--I said yes. They brought us enough food for more than 10 people. There were enough cakes for more than 4 people if that was all they brought (same for the cookies, etc). It felt very wasteful--at least half the food was not eaten.

FYI...As noted in post #3, Princess web site states that the extended room service menu is for suite passengers only. That would at least suggest (or clearly spell out, to some) that ordering off the extended room service menu is something that can't be shared. If it were so clear, this post wouldn't be going on this long.

FYI...My post was a joke (notice the wink;)).

I asked this question earlier and got an equally befuddling array of responses -- some of which came from the same people who replied here with a different answer. :)

Having returned from our cruise, I can say that it would be fine to host a guest or two for dinner in your suite. We ordered room svc from the mdr twice, and even though we were the only ones partaking both times we ordered more entrees than people. One time I ordered all three ice cream selections and tiramisu just for me. :P I'm a nursing mother of a 22 lb, 6-mo-old, linebacker baby, and I can put it away.

We did share canapes, tea and formal night strawberries with our group. We also shared the bar.

We gave our boutonniere and corsage to my mother and father in law.

Our in-laws were welcomed into the priority embarkation line with us (we didn't go to the lounge) and would have been welcomed into the disembarkation lounge with us if it wasn't already full. (They wouldn't have disembarked with us, but they wanted to spend our last moments on the ship together with the baby... They actually walked with us to the gangplank. aww! :) )

What else? Priority tenders: just for the suite passengers. Laundry was just for suite passengers. Even then we did a couple of loads ourselves when we needed faster turnaround. Sabatini's: suite pax only unless the maitre d' makes an exception. Internet: one computer per suite at any given time.

Oh, and your complimentary flower arrangement may be enjoyed by whoever happens to see it. :D

Archived