Open or Shut: The Balcony Door Debate

thied

it is nice with the door open but it does make the cabin hot when in the pacific islands, but when cruiseing to nz it just very nice in the day to have the door open.

Love Thied

Don't know what cruise ships you've been sailing on recently, but I think I would have starved if I had refused to wash my hands, as noone would have served me any food! Cruise staff are very insistent on hand sanitization, and rightly so. You definitely couldn't sneak past them in the buffet line!

I didn't even consider leaving the balcony door open on my last cruise. I did try leaving it open a few times during the day, and within minutes, the room was as hot and stuffy as the outside (we sailed in December). It didn't cool much at night, so it would have been very counteractive to leave it open. Perhaps in the milder months it would work better though? Might try it in May.

we all ways wash our hands as I have all ready said.

• 2 weeks later...

On one of the Cruises my wife and I took, the AC didn't work properly and they cound not fix it. It was very warm in the cabin, so we propped the door open at nights. Either that or sleep on the deck. Itr was a Carnival Freedom, a new Ship and they couldn't fix the AC??????????? Doors open if I need to.

Archived