Thomson Dream Help

Hi everyone I am going on my first cruise in June on the Dream and I wonderif anyone can help with a few questions? Sorry if these seem stupid.

I have booked the drinks package but what drinks can I get on it.

I will am on the Western Med cruise,will I be able to visit the ports on a DIY basis or would it be better to go on the organised trips ?

Any tips for my stay on the Dream?

I have booked a delux cabin any advice for cabin numbers or decks.

Hi everyone I am going on my first cruise in June on the Dream and I wonderif anyone can help with a few questions? Sorry if these seem stupid.

I will am on the Western Med cruise,will I be able to visit the ports on a DIY basis or would it be better to go on the organised trips ?

You can get a pretty comprehensive selction of drinks free - but there is a supplement (of perhaps £1.15 or something like) for premium drinks (some whiskies, champagne etc.) If you do a search in the 'Search this forum' box and put in drinks menus you may be able to find other threads where scanned bar menus have been posted. I know there are some out there not certain about the Dream - but it looked as comprehensive to me as Celebration (which is better than Spirit). Cappuccinos, hot chocolates, soft drinks and virgin cocktails are also included but you do pay a reduced price for bottled water.

Yes, you can do DIY trips and if you post your ports of call we can perhaps make some suggestions - again there are a lot of reviews covering the various itineraries so you should be able to find some by doing a search - but get back with more info and I'm sure there will be people here who can help. I'd say only do organised trips for something special you want to see when public transport might make it a bit risky for getting back in time or if it's the kind of place where a guide and organised transport are a good idea.

The AI includes a extensive range of cocktails, wine by the glass, beer/lager and lots of branded spirits, however there is a small surcharge for the premium brands. Tea and speciality coffee is included as are soft drinks but not bottled water !

All the ports should be OK for DIY and the main thing to remember is you have to be back on the ship 30 mins before departure time. If you go on a ships excursion they ship will wait if you are late back. Check out the forums and you will get advice on what to do in any port.

The Dream does not have a lauderette so pack accordingly, you can however wash stuff in the basin or use the ships laundry service.

Archived