Flying out of Minneapolis to Tampa with Delta(I am driving down from Canada)

thesawch

I am driving down to Minneapolis to head to Tampa for a cruise on July 24 on the Legend. My question is flying out of minneapolis it will cost us $1750 US dollars for 4 return .A lot cheaper then flying out of Canada to tampa unless a seat sale happens. My question is as I have never been to Minnie airport and is Delta a good choice.Its less then 450 each return.Do you think prices will fall a bit if i wait a little while or should I book at that price.I think on the way down we change planes in Memphis or Atlanta and on the way back it is direct. We fly down on the 23 which is a saturday and return sunday afternoon to minneapolis. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated as I have never been to minneapolis airport or Tampa. Been to Ft L and Miami direct from winnipeg to Toronto to Miami/Ft.L with Westjet.. Thanks

Delta will be fine and unless you can get a non-stop flight be sure to leave ample connection time, even in smallish Memphis.

If you have medallion status with Delta you can choose seats closer to the front which cuts wait time. If you are flying on a regional jet you may have to gate check your carry-ons which also takes time. If either of these could be issues for you I'd recommend at least an hour in Memphis and no less than 1 1/2 in Atlanta.

I am a Delta frequent flyer that always has to go to either Memphis or Atlanta on every flight itinerary.

By the way, Memphis makes a great lunch stop if you like bar-b-que.

Archived