What airport to Fly into from Minneapolis to New York

thesawch

we are Thinking of taking the CCL glory out of New York in July and was wondering what airport is best to fly into from Minneapolis.Never been to to New York so don't know the airports.Also what is a good area to stay in not to far from the port. I know New York is exspensive but I would like a 3 to 3.5 star type hotel so any suggestions would be much appreciated.And what is the best airline to get to New York from minneapolis. We are driving down to Minneapolis from Canada!!! Thanks thesawch from Canada

we are Thinking of taking the CCL glory out of New York in July and was wondering what airport is best to fly into from Minneapolis.Never been to to New York so don't know the airports.Also what is a good area to stay in not to far from the port. I know New York is exspensive but I would like a 3 to 3.5 star type hotel so any suggestions would be much appreciated.And what is the best airline to get to New York from minneapolis. We are driving down to Minneapolis from Canada!!! Thanks thesawch from Canada

With the exception of flying JetBlue, the majority of flights in the US go to either Newark or LaGuardia. Personally, I think the difference in the three airports is so miniscule, I would go with whatever is cheaper.

What is your hotel budget? Three and a half star hotels can vary in price from $250 to $600 per night.

July is shoulder season so you should see some good hotel deals.

Blue Herons,Thanks for all your advice on Miami.We had a blast on feb. 4 and 5th in SB and bayside market one night.That place was rocking on Friday night. We did wet willies also in SB saturday afternoon. Walked Ocean front,Collins and lincoln Road mall areas and took the bus from the Intercontinental to SB and back with no problems.It was a long day but we seen it all..

We are wanting to stay where the action is.we are only staying one night on sunday as our ship leaves monday the 25 th of July. Can you recomend a good area we can take a taxi from the airport(probably LGA). I don't mind spending 250 to 350 for the night as long as its a nice safe area.I will get a a room for 4 of us as I usually get 2 rooms one for the teenagers.I am comforatable using priceline and hotwire and LMT. I seen on another one of your posts about staying near times square. Is that correct. How much would taxi be from LGA to times square and then how much the next day to the port where the carnival glory sails from.We will jsut walk around and see the sights around the hotel area the one afternoon and night we are there. Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Blue Herons,Thanks for all your advice on Miami.We had a blast on feb. 4 and 5th in SB and bayside market one night.That place was rocking on Friday night. We did wet willies also in SB saturday afternoon. Walked Ocean front,Collins and lincoln Road mall areas and took the bus from the Intercontinental to SB and back with no problems.It was a long day but we seen it all..

We are wanting to stay where the action is.we are only staying one night on sunday as our ship leaves monday the 25 th of July. Can you recomend a good area we can take a taxi from the airport(probably LGA). I don't mind spending 250 to 350 for the night as long as its a nice safe area.I will get a a room for 4 of us as I usually get 2 rooms one for the teenagers.I am comforatable using priceline and hotwire and LMT. I seen on another one of your posts about staying near times square. Is that correct. How much would taxi be from LGA to times square and then how much the next day to the port where the carnival glory sails from.We will jsut walk around and see the sights around the hotel area the one afternoon and night we are there. Thanks in advance for all your advice.

Glad to help!

I think the NY Salisbury Hotel is one of the best deals very close to but not in Times Square. The rooms are very large which is very rare for Manhattan hotel rooms. The location is excellent and the prices are very good.

If I have to be in Midtown, I prefer West 57th or Murray Hill and the NY Salisbury is on West 57th.

A step up would be Le Parker Meridian. The upper floors have excellent views of Central Park.

Archived