Help create an Official "Seattle FAQ" -by members for members!

LauraS

On 3/17/2022 at 7:49 PM, captainmayi said:

Best/Cheapest way to get 7 adults from the airport to the Crowne Plaza Downtown Seattle? Thanks!

I'm a local Seattlite here. And I just joined the forums tonight! 

What you want to do is take the Sound Transit Light Rail. It's public transportation, and it's a light rail train that goes from south of the airport, right to downtown Seattle, and then north. It's very clean and safe, and runs from 5am to 1am. 

Fares for each person are $3.00 one way; there are ticket machines where you can buy paper tickets using cash or a credit card. You will then want to KEEP that ticket on you when you board the train; we have Fare Inspectors who come on, and randomly check for them. 

Take the Light Rail to the University Street Station in the Downtown Tunnel, and then walk up Seneca street a fre blocks, till you get to your hotel. 

Good luck!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, spinifex said:

I'm a local Seattlite here. And I just joined the forums tonight! 

What you want to do is take the Sound Transit Light Rail. It's public transportation, and it's a light rail train that goes from south of the airport, right to downtown Seattle, and then north. It's very clean and safe, and runs from 5am to 1am. 

Fares for each person are $3.00 one way; there are ticket machines where you can buy paper tickets using cash or a credit card. You will then want to KEEP that ticket on you when you board the train; we have Fare Inspectors who come on, and randomly check for them. 

Take the Light Rail to the University Street Station in the Downtown Tunnel, and then walk up Seneca street a fre blocks, till you get to your hotel. 

Good luck!

Awesome thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Prost Seattle said:

There are several car rental facilities downtown Seattle, there’s a large center on 3rd between Pine and Stewart St. 

Arrive on Sunday 8 am. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We are on a NCL trip from San Diego to Alaska with.a stop in Seattle.  My brother lives in the area and he is going to meet us for breakfast that morning .  Is there any recommendation for a place that is close to the pier where we can meet? He will be driving but we will be walking.  We don’t really know what is in the area.  TIA for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

We are staying at Hotel Max (hopefully a solid choice) for a few days later this month prior to our cruise. Do you guys recommend cab, uber or private car to get to the cruise terminal? Also, if you have concerns about my hotel choice, let me know! Thanks to all the locals for the help in here.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:47 AM, CBVest said:

Hey all,

We are staying at Hotel Max (hopefully a solid choice) for a few days later this month prior to our cruise. Do you guys recommend cab, uber or private car to get to the cruise terminal? Also, if you have concerns about my hotel choice, let me know! Thanks to all the locals for the help in here.

The Hotel Max is a solid choice for sure.  You don't need a private car. An Uber will be the fastest, but I'm sure the hotel can call you a cab if you prefer it. If you're at Pier 66 and don't have a lot of heavy luggage, it's a doable 20 minute walk. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Help, I'm arriving Friday, july 29 at Sea Tac on SW Air and staying downtown at Hampton Inn Downtown. How to get from Airport to hotel?  Is rail easy or not recommended?  I've done rail in Europe, but not here at home. I don't travel lightly, but I can handle my large rolly bag and small rolly bag. I've heard $70 for airport shuttle to downtown.  How much is Uber?  Wish we would have known about other hotel options, but i thought being close to downtown would be fun with the attractions. I hope the Hampton is an OK choice. Thanks for any help.

We plan to take a shared shuttle to Pier. Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Need some help. PLEASE. 

Grandparents bring 2/ 13 year old Girl's on the Holland America Eurodam 7/8/23  7 days.

Nice Quality hotel?

Transfer air port to hotel?

Transfer to ship Holland America Pier # ?

Coming in day before things to see with 2- 13 year old Girl's if they are not to tired ? 

Thanks for your help

Marty 

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 6:59 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Need some help. PLEASE. 

Grandparents bring 2/ 13 year old Girl's on the Holland America Eurodam 7/8/23  7 days.

Nice Quality hotel?

Coming in day before things to see with 2- 13 year old Girl's if they are not to tired ? 

Thanks for your help

Marty 

We just returned from a cruise on the Eurodam. We use AirBnB for our precruise arrangements, as the hotels seemed expensive, even for a major city downtown. We absolutely love the Magnolia neighborhood which is on a large hill Northwest of pier 91, it was about a $50 dollar uber/lyft from SeaTac, but we used the light rail and the bus (I know that may be a challenge if you have lots of luggage). There is an amazing bakery, Petit Pierre, and some good restaurants. Pike Place Market downtown is quite the attraction and there is plenty to do by the Space Needle. 

If the granddaughters like to hike, Discovery Park, also in Magnolia, offers great views, but it was a little strenuous and the maps were not the greatest (at least we got confused).

We felt very safe on the light rail and most of the time on the bus, but you need to stay aware. 

Assuming that the port valet luggage service is still an option next year, you can have your checked luggage sent directly to the airport on the debark day, so that may be an easier day for some of the sightseeing. 

If the granddaughters like roller coasters etc, the Ziprider at Icy Strait point was an amazing experience but will probably sell out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:21 AM, SportsFanatic said:

Can someone recommend a hotel to stay at by the airport in Seattle? Looking for a decent price hotel but something that is still clean and nice. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. I am reading a lot of reviews and most of them say how dirty everything is. Thank you !

If you're still looking for a hotel, check out the Courtyard by Marriott Southcenter.  We've stayed there several times & the reviews on Trip Advisor are mostly very good.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 8:21 AM, SportsFanatic said:

Can someone recommend a hotel to stay at by the airport in Seattle? Looking for a decent price hotel but something that is still clean and nice. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy. I am reading a lot of reviews and most of them say how dirty everything is. Thank you !

The Double Tree across from SeaTac is a large property and I've always found it clean.  A bunch of the airlines use it as their overnight for crews.  Ceaderbrook lodge is behind the Double Tree and is more boutique and feels much more secluded than the airport hotels along hwy 99.  Lodging in the Seattle area is not inexpensive.  It is lower cost in SeaTac and south King County, more expensive in Seattle proper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/6/2022 at 4:59 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Need some help. PLEASE. 

Nice Quality hotel?

Thanks for your help

Marty 

I didn't look elsewhere, but:

Do you have either proof of guardianship or some such official document that permits you to take the girls without parents?  

OK Seattle folks and previous Seattle cruisers:

I'm staying down at the Marriott Waterfront for 1 night before my cruise.  Since I'm not stopping in Vancouver this time, looking for a good Japanese/sushi/izakaya place, maybe within walking distance or cheap Uber of the Marriott...

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

sounds yummy.   Do you know anything good/bad about Wasabi Sushi & Izakaya?  It is in the vicinity.    At least I have 2 I can choose from.  Thx.

Asking my friend, @Glaciers who lives in that neighborhood for their opinion.  (Glaciers - I suggested Umi Sake House).  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@slidergirl

I’m not a big sushi fan so haven’t been but it seems the more popular spots in Belltown are Umi Sake House, Shiro’s & Wasabi Sushi & Izakaya. That’s just based on walking by and seeing how packed they are in addition to speaking with folks in the neighborhood and our building. The best place might be the one you can get into easily. They’re very popular.

• Thanks 2