do those excirse channels really work??

we have directv and one of the channels is called fit tv. i do some of them. most are not on when i am home so i tivo them and do it when i get home. i like them because i can do it whenever i want. i do feel that they give me a good work out. i have muscles that are sore that i didn't even know i had. :o) plus, i think something is better than nothing.

FitTV is good and all, but most of the workouts are 30 min. divvied up by commercials. This is why I tape my favs, and then ff thru the commercials--the workouts only add up to like 20 min. Not really long enuf for a good cardiovascular workout.

Well - I compare those to watching "This Old House" with Bob Vila....**LOL**....I watched - but doubt I could replace plumbing/electrical wiring/dig a foundation/roof a house.......but damn I sure thought I could just by watching Bob & Norm !!! :-)

Tallblonde- My DH hates it when I watch This Old House, Trading Spaces, etc. I come up with too many rennovation projects that way.

Have2Cruise- We have FITTv also and I've DVRed a few things. Many of those people are just too darned perky for their own good though. I wanna smack 'em not do their workout. However, if they make YOU want to do the workout then they do work and that's what counts. Just make sure you do something constructive during the commercials like march in place, crunches, pushups, whatever works. I like throwing punches with a 3 pound dumbell. Do crosses for 1 minute, upper cuts for 1 minute and then hooks for a minute. I've been doing that for about 3 weeks and even though the rest of me is still fluffy I don't have underarm wiggle anymore.

Tami

Tami, throwing cross cuts w/ a 3lb dumbell is very dangerous!! You can permanently damage your elbow and shoulder joints! Try using the dumbell for bicep curls first, then throw unweighted cross cuts repeatedly until your arms tire out. Go to http://www.exrx.com for other great ideas for db usage.

Archived