Hotwire-Midtown,midtown Central,Times Square-theater area,Central park Where to stay?

thesawch

Hi,We are on the Glory fpr July 25th 2011 . We are flying into New York ands it our first time ever in NY. We are from Small city in Canada compared to New York city and was searching Hotwire for a room and there are 3 areas i figure would be a good deal as they are high customer satisfaction and good star rating.

First is midtown East for a 3.5 star for 146 a night for 4 people.

The second choice area is midtown Central for 162 for a 3 star. the 3rd choice on hotwire is times Square -theater District for 220 for a 4 star,

My question is we will be there for 2 nights pre cruise in july and what area should I concentrate on trying to get a room so we can minimize the travel and just do most stuff by walking around on the sunday and then a short ride to the pier where the Carnival Glory leaves from. We are also flying into La Guardia Airport.. Thanks

Others may differ, but depending on what you want to see during your stay - and if you want to walk - I'd opt for Midtown Central or Times Square. More things within walking distance. However, if you want to try the subway - and if you want to go downtown, you'll need the subway - any of these locations will work.

Hi,We are on the Glory fpr July 25th 2011 . We are flying into New York ands it our first time ever in NY. We are from Small city in Canada compared to New York city and was searching Hotwire for a room and there are 3 areas i figure would be a good deal as they are high customer satisfaction and good star rating.

First is midtown East for a 3.5 star for 146 a night for 4 people.

The second choice area is midtown Central for 162 for a 3 star. the 3rd choice on hotwire is times Square -theater District for 220 for a 4 star,

My question is we will be there for 2 nights pre cruise in july and what area should I concentrate on trying to get a room so we can minimize the travel and just do most stuff by walking around on the sunday and then a short ride to the pier where the Carnival Glory leaves from. We are also flying into La Guardia Airport.. Thanks

I would go with the Midtown Central 3 stars for $162. Midtown Central is still close enough to the major tourist attractions that it is very close walking distance but for enough away from Times Square to be out of the madhouse.

I find Midtown East works best for me if I'm going to the museums or shopping Madison/Lex Midtown/UES.

Archived