july 30th La Guardia Airport 11:25 Flight.Would we make it??

thesawch

We arive back in NYC on the Glory on July 30th after a 5 day cruise. Would we be able to make a 11;25 am flight on AA out of La Guardia airport on a saturday ?

AA has a great price for that flight back to minneapolis. Just curious if any of you New York regulars would know the answer. Thanks

We arive back in NYC on the Glory on July 30th after a 5 day cruise. Would we be able to make a 11;25 am flight on AA out of La Guardia airport on a saturday ?

AA has a great price for that flight back to minneapolis. Just curious if any of you New York regulars would know the answer. Thanks

I live in NYC and the traffic on a Saturday on the West Side Highway can be pretty rough. Perhaps if you do self debarkation and grab a cab quickly, I think you'll be ok. But if there is a later option I would go for it to be safe. Enjoy your cruise!

If it was me I would book it, but I always do self assit and can be among the first off the ship.

I have taken the cruise from NYC to Canada many times, and walk to the subway and then take the subway to work and make it in by 9am.

There should be very little traffic on Saturday morning and there should be no problem getting to the airport by 9:30.

Have a great cruise I will be on the Glory on the July 2nd cruise.

That time is so iffy. You may easily make it by 9:30 if there are no problems disembarking and you do self assist and are one of the first people off the ship. Any problems and you are not going to make it. And most likely your travel insurance isn't going to cover you on that because it's not enough time from scheduled arrival into port to scheduled departure of airline.

Who is better to fly into and out of New york .I have a choice of Delta or American Airlines. Never flown on a US carrier so any adive on which to book with. AA is a little cheaper but the flight times are a little differant with 6:15 AM departure to New York from Minneapolis airport compared to a 10 am Delta flight out of Minneapolis for NY. They both depart NY for minneapolis the same time approx heading back. So Delta or AA ??? Thanks

Who is better to fly into and out of New york .I have a choice of Delta or American Airlines. Never flown on a US carrier so any adive on which to book with. AA is a little cheaper but the flight times are a little differant with 6:15 AM departure to New York from Minneapolis airport compared to a 10 am Delta flight out of Minneapolis for NY. They both depart NY for minneapolis the same time approx heading back. So Delta or AA ??? Thanks

DELTA is much better...the people at American Airlines are so incredibly rude. I had a terrible experience with them. Also, you get free cookies on Delta :p:p:p

DELTA is much better...the people at American Airlines are so incredibly rude. I had a terrible experience with them.

And see I've had the opposite experience. Great experiences on American. Last few trips on Delta, not so good.

To the OP, is that flight day of cruise, or the day before? If it's day of cruise, then absolutely take the earlier flight.

And see I've had the opposite experience. Great experiences on American. Last few trips on Delta, not so good.

To the OP, is that flight day of cruise, or the day before? If it's day of cruise, then absolutely take the earlier flight.

Really?! I guess it depends which set of flight attendants you get. Not only that, but AA staff in both LaGuardia (Ugh) and Miami were both so grumpy and rude. Delta, they're always so friendly and laid back - and sometimes, actually fun! They remind me of Song (remember that airline!) - although I guess Delta bought Song, so....:)

And I get free flights on Delta because I have the Medallion Gold card, so I get American Express points. I'm going to London this summer with my family...price? $100 (taxes).:p:p:D:D

Seinfeld had a whole episode where Elaine had to take her boyfriend to the airport and she knew the Van Wyck expressway wouldn't get her there in time. It was very, very funny. However, that tells you how infamous the roads here in New York are. Don't chance it.

Seinfeld had a whole episode where Elaine had to take her boyfriend to the airport and she knew the Van Wyck expressway wouldn't get her there in time. It was very, very funny. However, that tells you how infamous the roads here in New York are. Don't chance it.

oh...I LOVED LOVED LOVED that episode! .Really good- then again, most Seinfeld episodes are fabulous.

For our NY cruise, the problem wasn't so much the traffic, but there were terrible lines waiting for cabs outside the cruise terminal. Seriously, we waited at least an hour and a half for a cab. We almost missed our flight - probably checked in about 5 minutes before the cutoff time. I was a nervous wreck by the time we made it to the airport.

If I had to do it again, I would book a private car instead of waiting on a taxi.

Archived