Chair Lift

vfb2girls

You can get them at the dock but you do realize the chair lift only takes you over to the beach area right? It is a short easy 10 minute walk.

No I didn't know that you could get to the beach area by walking, for some reason I thought you had to use the chair lift, well I guess we won't be spending the money on the chair lifts, we will just walk, might as well save the money for an extra drink!:D

No I didn't know that you could get to the beach area by walking, for some reason I thought you had to use the chair lift, well I guess we won't be spending the money on the chair lifts, we will just walk, might as well save the money for an extra drink!:D

I'm a little baffled by the chair lift concept at Mahogany Bay. The beach is an easy walk for most people from the ship so I don't get spending the money on it when it could be used for at least a couple of drinks at one of the two bars on the beach.

People who have trouble walking or are infirm may be uncomfortable about the idea of getting on a lift which does not stop and then dangling over the water for a few minutes while contemplating their ability to get off the chair quickly.

You can buy a day pass which gives you unlimited rides but if you are there on a hot day you don't want to go anywhere except in the water. There is food and bar service to your chair.

1162773580_VmLqW-L.jpg

1162773587_8VEuM-L.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures! The port area looks so nice, can't wait until we are there!

You're welcome. Here's a few more to wet your appetite.

This is a view of the beach from the ship as you are 'backing' in to port

1162773457_huMbZ-L.jpg

1162773506_Pd4Sm-L.jpg

No charge for the chairs

1162773562_9JZpt-L.jpg

And one last look as we leave port

1162773599_V3kxy-L.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, not worth the money. When we were there last year, we let the kids take the chair lift to the beach just for the experience, but my wife and I did the walk. We actually beat the kids there, after their wait in line and the time it took to ride the chairs the short distance to the beach.

Archived