The most shocking thing....??

pbmsmile

On the Jewel last March, we were having a meal in the buffet with out kids, but sitting at a regular table and not in the kids section BC a huge family (mostly adults) had taken it over. An older (10?) child of the group was coming back from the buffet and tossed his cookies all over the entrance to the kids area (which is right by the kids area). He left, and crew cleaned up, and not 10 minutes later, he came BACK and sat at a kids table with adults (parents?) and ate a huge plate of food.

I about puked myself and we did not return to the buffet that cruise. YUCK.

On the Jewel last March, we were having a meal in the buffet with out kids, but sitting at a regular table and not in the kids section BC a huge family (mostly adults) had taken it over. An older (10?) child of the group was coming back from the buffet and tossed his cookies all over the entrance to the kids area (which is right by the kids area). He left, and crew cleaned up, and not 10 minutes later, he came BACK and sat at a kids table with adults (parents?) and ate a huge plate of food.

I about puked myself and we did not return to the buffet that cruise. YUCK.

Thanks for that, yet another reason why I avoid the buffet at all costs.:D

We avoid buffets too. Have seen too many kids poking the food around, even putting food back from their plates with their fingers. Worse thing I saw was a woman changing a nappy at a table in the buffet. I think it would be a good idea to ban children unaccompanied in the buffet line and the ice cream stations etc.

We avoid buffets too. Have seen too many kids poking the food around, even putting food back from their plates with their fingers. Worse thing I saw was a woman changing a nappy at a table in the buffet. I think it would be a good idea to ban children unaccompanied in the buffet line and the ice cream stations etc.

Kids shouldn't be unsupervised at any time. The ships are not their home and should be treated like the shopping centre as most ships carry over 2000 strangers (pax and crew).

From my first cruise, it'd probably just be the Canadian family that was there. The young man in particular was very energetic and looking to party. It was near Christmas, and he was wearing a Santa hat and dancing, and his female companions were dancing in bikinis. Then he started physically dragging people onto the "dancefloor" to join them. This stood out because it was a HAL cruise, where most guests are middle aged (or more) and boring. :-) That same cruise had a very elderly couple where it was almost the blind leading the blind. The wife was struggling to help the husband down the stairs, even though she was in pretty crappy shape herself, and I thought damn, if he goes, she's going with him.

On the other cruise, some of us were on our balconies, watching them tie the lines in port. This one guy had a line behind him, and I thought ooh, he's going to trip over that. Sure enough, he takes a step backwards, trips on the line, and lands on his ass, and everyone on their balconies on that side erupted in applause.

In the Buffet, A lady does a blood sample on another older lady then, gave her an injection. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Probably for insulin. Some need to be taken within minutes of eating.

Edited by SadieN

On my last cruise, which was in February on the Allure of the Seas, I witness a young woman urinating on the leather bench to the right of On Air on the Royal Promenade. Let me be clear, this was not a little girl, but rather a twenty or so year old female. She was laughing and then got up, with a big wet stain on her leggings, and ran away. I don't know if she couldn't hold it or what, but it was bizarre. My husband told the security guard who happened by shortly after, who then paged some cleaners to come and clean it up and sanitize. Yuck!

• 3 years later...

On board the Regal Princess. Despite the warning by Carnival Corp., A guy dressed in all black with a black tee shirt which exclaimed "Liberals Suck" with a picture of a machine gun on the front. I notified security who found the guy and asked him to change and not to repeat the provocation. Turns out he was an ex police officer. Damn frightening.

1 hour ago, That sinking feeling said:

No thanks. Keep your love private. Especially in the circumstances described.

Just the elderly should keep their love private? Or is it everybody?

If it's just the elderly, please define. 65? 70? 75? 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2011 at 8:08 PM, WeBeCruisin' said:

But it's okay as long as it was a "dressy" diaper. 😄 It's like those people who say it's okay to wear a wife-beater to Elegant Night, as long as it's a ""dressy" wife-beater. 🙂

I love it!

On 2/23/2011 at 8:08 PM, lgerrish said:

Oh my - hubby and I have been cracking up reading this thread. It certainly takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Shocking thing that we experienced...

...got all ready for elegant night, came out our cabin door and got knocked over by the smell from someone having "dumped" right outside our door. NASTY!!! Ignorant people!

OMG...That is gross.

I might have posted this before.  Over ten years ago we were on a Carnival ship out of Fort Lauderdale doing a number of Caribbean islands.  It was a sea day and we were sitting near the pool.  We observed a woman removing her daughters bathing suit and changing her into shorts & a top.  Wouldn't have been unusual except that the girl looked to be about 10 years old.  Now, being nudists, it didn't bother us but we thought that it was inappropriate to expose this young girl in public.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, DirtyDawg said:

Just the elderly should keep their love private? Or is it everybody?

If it's just the elderly, please define. 65? 70? 75? 

No. Everyone should keep it private. Those that dont are just exhibitionists.

So you love your partner. Good for you.  Do it in the privacy of your own room.