Specialty Restaurants for vegetarian?

tadurham

You don't say what ship you are one. Some ships have more specialty restaurants than others. Portofino has a variety of pasta dishes. I've seen posts from other vegetarians that Portofino can make some of the entrees without the meat or even make something special with a little advance notice. There is a pasta dish with mushrooms and mascarpone cream sauce that is really wonderful - no meat. The bean soup is also really good. The tiramisu is absolutely fabulous!!!! I think Portofino would be worth $20 for dinner, even without the meat dishes.

I doubt I would pay to eat at Chops. I don't eat beef, pork, or lamb so I have a hard time finding anything good. My husband likes steak, which is something I don't fix at home very often, so I go as a treat for him.

I haven't sailed on Freedom or Oasis class ships. I know they have additional specialty restaurants, but I don't know anything about their menus.

The menus for Chops and Portofino are posted on the Royal Caribbean website. Look at Customer Support > Frequently Asked Questions > Food and Beverage > What type of food is served in Chops/Portofino?

In my opinion, no. You have many more lunchg and dinner options in the MDR and the Windjammer Cafe, with a variety of pastas, vegetable, Asian and Indian dishes, salads, sushi at the Jade etc. You can also make special requests in the Main Dining room and they will accomodate you in many instances.

Archived