Best beach for snorkeling

Cairnmom

• 3 weeks later...

The best snorkeling beach is said to be Lagun Beach up north. You can rent a car and drive there. When we were there the local fishermen were dragging their nets through the whole area and the beach was closed. That will probably not happen to you. It is very pretty, good snorkeling. Porto Marie is also excellent!

Bill

Looking for ideas on snorkeling excursions or can you snorkel right from the shore? If so, what beaches? Any suggestions appreciated.

I vote for Porto Mari... we were there in January and it was just beautiful with great snorkeling right from the beach! I have many pictures in my webshots in the link in my signature.

We snorkeled the old tugboat site and it was AMAZING. The best snorkeling we did out of the 7 islands we visited on our cruise on the Millenium. We saw octopus and rays and sea urchins the size of an oven - no joke! I'm not sure how you get to the beach and you have to swim out to get to the tugboat... not far and it's not dangerous. We did the tour through Adrenaline Tours - it was a kayak and snorkel. I can't speak higher for the tour. It was amazing - the guide was dutch and she knew a lot about the fish, my husband and I were the only people on the tour. The kayaking was easy and beautiful. And the snorkeling was seriously the best we've ever seen!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Cas Abou and Porto Mari have excellent snorkling, rent a car for the day

Between the 2, which would you recommend? We are a party of 8, 6 adults & 2 kids. At least 4 of us will be all over snorkeling. Which site has the best?

Archived