Using the USO (Especially Rome)

Wildblue

Good to see this thread helping others.

Yes, Frankfurt USO now closed, but Ramstein still open.

We just used the Rome USO for a 2nd trip to Rome prior to a cruise. They're just as fantastic as ever. We've now used the Rome USO for three total trips, stayed at the same place all three time (Piazza Risorgimento?) and their help has been immeasurable.

As a retiree now, I'm currently working in Abu Dhabi, and a couple times a year even use the USO in Dubai. Amazing the places I've used the USO, and the extra services they've helped with.

Great stuff all around.

Good to see this thread helping others.

Yes, Frankfurt USO now closed, but Ramstein still is open.

Great stuff all around.

Thought I would mention the LAX USO. across the street from Terminal 2 (cross the street @ the light in front of Terminal 1) which accepts retirees on a SpaceA basis.

Spent a great 6 hours there earlier this month while waiting to check in/drop luggage after a cruise.

-Holly

Who really appreciated access to electrical outlets; avoiding a dead phone is good.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Like RiverCityCruiser said, be sure to throw in a$5 or $10 for the tip jar. This is completely volunteer and snacks are all donated. Such a wonderful respite if you have a long layover or flight delays. I have also donated soaps and shampoos asthere aresome USOs that have showers for the guys/girls coming back from deployments. So nice to take a nice long shower with smelly good shampoos and soaps. :)

When I retire I plan on volunteering at my local airport (SLC) once a week. Look into it if you live nearby a USO.

Cheers

Margo

Thanks for your suggestion Margo! I am a USO volunteer in Gulfport, Ms. and strongly encourage others to volunteer at your nearby facilities. This is a great way to 'give back' and support those who are supporting and protecting us! It's fun and intreesting and you do not have to be a veteran or military affiliated. Friends, spouses, college students etc. are all welcomed.

Please consider it.

• 5 months later...