? ..air conditioning on ships ..?

cheeka

:o We are taking our first cruise at the end of March on the Serenade of the Seas.

I've been reading this forum but have never seen this question addressed ...it's about the air conditioning on the ship.

Considering it's only 5'C in my city right now, I feel almost foolish asking, but here goes...

Are the cabins & interior kept noticeably cooler? Can we control the hot/cold air in our cabin?

Last winter, our hotel suite in Puerto Vallarta was freezing! We turned off all air & fans & even put on long sweats & were still cold... I want to be prepared on this vacation !

Sweater? Shawl/wrap?

you can control the AC in your cabin. Actually when we were on AOS in Oct the control worked well....we also sometimes left the balcony door open.

If you get cold....i would bring a sweater and maybe a wrap for the dining room. my mom is always cold and she never once complained about the temp. i am always hot....no prob for me either

Public areas are always cooler then your cabin. Take a sweater. Sailed last month after leaving snow, wind and ice. Twas nice leaving all that to sweat my buns off laying on a beach getting a nice tan. Today--my tan has frostbite.

Plan for cool atmospheres in the Dining Room and the Show Lounge. I would guess 19c (66f) or so. The heavy activity of the waitstaff and show people creates the need for low ambient temperatures.

I was on the Serenade last February and let me tell ya, it was COLD!!!!!!!

There I am on formal nights in the dining room wearing a hooded sweatshirt over my dress and even then I was still cold! Truthfully, I found it cold throughout the entire ship and turned the air OFF in my cabin.

I was the ONLY one at my dining table tho, that was cold and I was uncomfrotably cold.

So, BEWARE! If you are inclined to be chilly, be prepared to cover up!

Kim

Archived