Oasis:Royal Connect phones, DECT phones

What are "Royal Connect" phones, "DECT" phones? Do walkie talkies work on the Oasis? What other communication methods are there? We are a family of 4 with a 12 year old boy. We are often split up by 2s and like to keep in touch. Probably won't let our son go on his own, but want to be prepared just in case!

I can tell you about dect phones as we used them on the JOS and MOS. They're the same phones the staff used for calling on the ship. The ships we were on had a few, I believe 20 or so you could rent, and the prices varied on the length of the cruise. Our 8 day cost more than the 7 day, I've forgotten the amount but I think the 7 day was $49. You can call each other and any place on board. Like the MDR, guest relations, that kind of thing. We got them to keep in touch with our two teens. The JOS was an older model, so a little larger. The MOS was the size of a larger cell phone. They can be set to vibrate so you don't annoy all those around you. It gave me peace of mind to beable to reach them when I wanted to. You need to go to guest relations as soon as you board to rent them. They come with a charger for each.

My family has booked OOS for June '12 so I'm interested in what's available on her as my daughter will be 16 and I still want to beable to bug her when I need to.

Hope that helps.

Archived