questions about Zui 4/23/05

apr68

I have just oly recently stumbled upon this website and message boards and all of you lovely people who I hope can answer my questions. I have cruised before (RCCL 7/92, 7/95 NCL 2/93)but it's been awhile and I have lots of questions. First, I will be sailing with my daughters 8 and 5 and my nephew who is 6. I haven't seen too much info on Club HAL. Is there anyone out there who has sent their kids? I would love your feedback. Also I have read a lot of comments regarding the lack of activites on board. Is this true or just comments from grouchy unhappy people? I am used to RCCL, even though it was long ago, they had loads and loads of shipboard activities. My husband gets bored easily and needs things to do LOL:) Next, What is the story with the cabanas at Half Moon Cay? Are they $219 PP or just $219 flat rate? We are 9 people (6 adults and 3 kids) so that would be kinda costly. Also if you don't take a cabana, do you fry on the beach? My last question is about the evening entertainment. Again I have read really poor reviews. Is it true or are these the same grouchy unhappy people I spoke of previously? Oh one more question...having sailed on RCCL (majesty and monach)we never even felt the moevement of the ship once. (Of course we could have been lucky with exceptionally calm seas) Can I hope for the same on the Zui or is that a stupid question because of course it DOES depend on the seas? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!:) :) :) :)

Cabanas are sold for $219 for four people, not per person. Any additional people have an extra amount they pay. You will have to check with HAL on that one. If you decide not to get a cabana you can rent a clamshell for the day for $9 but these can usually only shade 2 people...anymore and it would be quite crowded. :)

above 4 people is $35pp, not sure about kids. It includes snacks and drinks which you can select from a planning card that you will be given. Be sure to include extra furniture, ash trays, specify everything including how many bottles of water. Alcoholic drinks are delivered by the crew who make round every 30 minutes or so. The initial snacks are chips and diprs including salsa, and a veggie tray. Make sure you specify how many trays you need if you have more than 4 people.

Water toys and mats are included in the price, so find out how many mats, fins etc.

GN

Clam shells are individual .

Archived