Princess Call Center Staff

vcgeno

I have been on the phone with them a few times while preparing for our upcoming cruise and I am always impressed by their friendliness and quick answers to questions. I don't think I have ever dealt with a nicer group of people. They are a model of good customer service.

Agree that they are very nice.... Completely knowledgeable, well that's another story.. :)
I agree. I have to admit that I prefer to save a lot of money instead of dealing directly so I always book through a TA.

We met one of the call center reps on a cruise. He was reluctant for people to find out, but his friends outed him to us. He was great--very knowledgeable about the different Princess ships. Too many times I've read about crazy answers people have gotten from Princess reps.

I agree. The ones in California are good but the ones in Seattle are very good and I have ask for them by name.

Also since Pam brought it up the only time we use a TA would be to transfer a cruise to them because of price and/or on board credits. We ask for and receive no service from a TA other than handle payment. I like to keep control of the booking for as long as possible. And our current cruise in May never made it to the TA because none of them ever offered a better deal.:D

I could not agree more! Wondefully helpful - and always a quick answer! I have called several times just to clarify things (and once to get a $300pp price reduction!)

On a related note: when I decided that I wanted to a cruise this spring, I first called NCL and Celebrity, of which I am a past customer. Both provided helpful service and answered all of my questions. Unfortunately, their dates didn't work for me, but the Princess cruise did and thus we have booked through them (leaving in less than two weeks!!)

Worth noting: I did not get any call backs after my initial contact with Celebrity (which was fine!) but the agent I spoke to at NCL has called me repeatedly. The first time I let him know that we weren't interested at this time, but he called back several times (and left a message on my machine). He sounded polite and whatnot, but really, I don't appreciate that kind of aggressiveness. I think that, based on this alone, I wouldn't be inclined to call NCL again unless the itinerary and price were so perfect that I knew I was going to book.

I have always found Princess call center staff to be very helpful.

1. I would however accede that you will only get the answer to the question that you ask.

2. If the answer that you get is not to your liking, either accept it gracefully or refer to point 1 above.

Remember, One tends to criticize people for the things that they themselves are most at fault with.

Therefore by suggesting that call center staff are 'ignorant' says only one thing.

Several of them have been home based so they don't have to commute to work. I would think that would help create a happier work environment. If they need to contact someone for an answer they do it. I always stay on the phone for the automated survey about the service received. I figure it's the least I can do to let Princess know how they're performing & I've never had any reason to not give each of them a top rated '5' rating. :D

Thank you! ;)

I have to say CC really helps me be more accurate in how I answer passenger questions relating to experiences. I still have to refer to our internal information for facts as I need to follow company policy. I am usually surfing CC between calls since I am a telecommuter.

Only today I phoned to see if I could get a better positioned cabin which didnot show up on the Princess website and I got the area I wonted.Was told always to phone in and check if the cabin is not listed on the website.:)

If I ask a question and they don't have the answer they put you on hold and find out for you........:)

Agreed! I called them about a month ago with some questions about a cruise we were considering and the gentleman I spoke with was so friendly and helpful...honestly, his helpfulness (with no pressure to book) did contribute to our decision to book another cruise with them. Princess should be very proud of their frontline phone staff!

Archived