Ft. Lauderdale Restaurant

triscat

Hi, my mom and I are staying at the Bahia Mar and was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to eat for dinner. We are looking for something with outdoor seating , good views, and good wine (preferably good food as well ;) ).

We are doing our annual "Girls Only Vacation" so we are looking for something a little more special than the typical chains that we have at home.

Niether of us are picky eaters.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hang a left out of Bahia Mar and walk up Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd and you will find quite a number of open air Bistros open for both lunch and dinner, some with entertainment at night. Very much like South Beach

Worldspan

128 cruises/#129 coming April 21 2011 Radiance of the Seas

Coconuts is a few blocks north on the marina behind Courtyard Marriott. You can look at the regular menu online and they have about 10 specials every night. It's a nice place to be at sunset. The Marriott Harbor Beach, a few blocks south, has a restaurant on the beach past the pool that has a nice atmosphere, but I haven't eaten there. If you don't mind walking a mile, H20 and Casablanca Cafe are good and have views across the street from the ocean. Ritz Carlton in that area has a very nice wine bar with ocean views.

You can turn right out of the Bahia Mar and go past the marina area to the Bahia Cabana Motel which is just a short walk. The hotel is a dump but the restaurant is pretty popular and is very lively in the evening. It is a bar/restaurant right on the water and the food is pretty good. Not as nice as Coconuts but a fun place.

You can turn right out of the Bahia Mar and go past the marina area to the Bahia Cabana Motel which is just a short walk. The hotel is a dump but the restaurant is pretty popular and is very lively in the evening. It is a bar/restaurant right on the water and the food is pretty good. Not as nice as Coconuts but a fun place.

I also like Bahia Cabana, but if you are looking for good wine, skip this place or go for frozen drinks or cocktails instead.

Thanks so much for the advice! However I have now been informed by my mother that we will be shopping most of the day and will wing it when we are ready to eat.

Does the water taxi stop anywhere near a mall?

Thanks so much for the advice! However I have now been informed by my mother that we will be shopping most of the day and will wing it when we are ready to eat.

Does the water taxi stop anywhere near a mall?

Yes, the water taxi stop is at Galleria ONE Doubletree Suites. Galleria Mall is within walking distance.

http://watertaxi.com/FLLStop2.Asp.htm

Yes, the water taxi stop is at Galleria ONE Doubletree Suites. Galleria Mall is within walking distance.

http://watertaxi.com/FLLStop2.Asp.htm

You will find great chain restaurants at Galleria. They have outdoor seating but no view. You will find a nice wine selection.

Seasons 52 (recommended)

P.F.Changs

Capital Grill

Truluck

Coconuts is a few blocks north on the marina behind Courtyard Marriott. You can look at the regular menu online and they have about 10 specials every night. It's a nice place to be at sunset. The Marriott Harbor Beach, a few blocks south, has a restaurant on the beach past the pool that has a nice atmosphere, but I haven't eaten there. If you don't mind walking a mile, H20 and Casablanca Cafe are good and have views across the street from the ocean. Ritz Carlton in that area has a very nice wine bar with ocean views.

I will be staying at Hyatt Place Airport North and would like to if the water taxi or trolly would put me closer to Coconuts? Thanks.

I will be staying at Hyatt Place Airport North and would like to if the water taxi or trolly would put me closer to Coconuts? Thanks.

I believe the trolley stops wherever you want it to along the route, so you would get off at Courtyard and find your way to the street behind it and there is Coconuts. The nearest water taxi stop is a few blocks away. Also, from Hyatt Place you will have to walk nearly a mile to the water taxi, but you can get the trolley at Harbor Shops which is very close to the hotel.

Archived