boarding at port canaveral

bluehenfan

Two of us are going on a last minute 3 nite cruise on the Sensation, boarding at Port Canaveral. I have requested assistance boarding as I now have not only a heart problem, but a breathing one as well . Just have a reg. cabin so I am not renting a scooter. Will just stay on board in Bahamas. (been there a dz. times already and not my favorite port ). My concern is how far will I have to walk when the Avis shuttle drops us off ? The only port I've left from since my heart attack is in Baltimore and it was a short walk from parking lot to terminal where I got a wheelchair. From now on, I will only book cruise where I can get handicap cabin so I can get a scooter in the room. I know I'm going to be limited in how far I can walk this time but I know there will be lots of places I can stop and sit for a few mins. on the ship. Any info on assisted boarding here would be appreciated.

We went from there last year. I do use a scooter, but it was not far at all to check in. BUT you could get who ever is going with you to go and ask for help and they would bring a wheelchair to you.

Getting around the ship may be a problem for you if you cannot walk far. Perhaps the cruise line would loan you a wheelchair if needed.

Have a nice break:)

• 2 weeks later...

We did this cruise 2 years ago, we have our own w/c and a scooter, but the drop is very close to the terminal and there ar w/c's waiting, just ask one of the porters to call for one if you need it. it seemed to be a longer wait for the non-hc people to stand in line and then go up the stairs. we were sent around the corner to an elevator and then straight to check in

Archived