Summit Oceanview

karcat25

Hello - my husband and I want to do the Summit Repo cruise April 30th - they sold out of balconies. We always do balconies and have never done an oceanview before. Will we be disappointed in the oceanview rooms or if anyone has stayed in an OV - did you like them? We need to make our desicion asap. Thanks for any help

Karen :)

Karen,

I have read that there are a few larger ocean view rooms that are very nice. 8002 & 8003 supposedly they are roughly 235 sq ft where the other rooms are about 177.

I have had an ocean view that was a port hole so not too exciting lol

We have cruised much more often in oceanview until prices started dropping in recent years. True, now that we have tried balcony we are spoiled and do like it better. On that ship, the only difference between a regular balcony room and an ocean view is the balcony - otherwise the room is identical. There are very few staterooms that have portholes -almost all have nice wide windows. When you go online, the information should tell you if there is a porthole. I think they are only found on the very bottom floor, and possibly the very front of the ship. I would not hesitate to sail in a regular ocean view if it was the cruise I wanted. I have even gone inside cabin for that reason once or twice but really don't care for that.

Hello - my husband and I want to do the Summit Repo cruise April 30th - they sold out of balconies. We always do balconies and have never done an oceanview before. Will we be disappointed in the oceanview rooms or if anyone has stayed in an OV - did you like them? We need to make our desicion asap. Thanks for any help

Hi Karen,:) its really up to the individual. I know folks who won't ever sail

without a balcony. PERIOD. I have had insides, windows and balconies.

Will you be disappointed? Hard for someone else to answer that one.

I was on Summit last year and had a balcony and just recently sailed

her again (just last month) and had a window. I was more than happy

with it:). Oh, there are some cabins all the way forward on Summit with

REALLY LARGE WINDOWS and the cabins are larger too. Sarah is

correct and there are also the cabins, 7000 and 7001....I had 7001

and can tell you firsthand the cabin is larger and the window larger:)

You look out and can see the Helopad!

Thank you all for your help - I think we are going to book this cruise and see how it goes. Worst case its only 8 days - and I think we can deal with that....lol Thanks again!!

Karen

Does anyone have pictures to share on these forward oceanview cabins?

Hi,:) these are not wide angle pictures but the 4 of them are from my

May 2010 cruise on Summit in cabin 7001. Hope it helps a bit. The cabin

is definitely larger than a regular window. I just returned home and

had a regular window on the Plaza Deck and that was fine too:)

007.jpg.f744005253aabfb69f15f6279614351a.jpg

009.jpg.9693b267e5e2f107d499191a0819823c.jpg

048.jpg.0e0828053522aa030ed12831e61afb27.jpg

010.jpg.bce0a0aaabdebab960323362725ce8dd.jpg

We were in 7002 on Summit last Oct. This room is HUGE. 7003 is the same size. We first saw these room types on a cabin crawl on the Connie and decided if we ever got the chance we would book either of them. Actually I liked the room better than the balcony room we had on the Connie.

Cabin-7002.jpg.103bd3115388e214c7706a505db9369c.jpg

Hi Karen

Well I can tell you that the view from your cabin will be much better than the view from my livingroom. Wish we were going with you. I've been checking out this board planning for next year. Your itinerary looks great.

I am considering this one or a Bermuda itinerary. Can't wait for your review.

We are on the same trip staying in OV on the Plaza deck. We have stayed there before and found it very nice. The room has a picture window. In fact we had the same room on a transatlantic and the ride was great. We are going down Thursday morning and staying i n the La Concha hotel for two nights.

We're also going on this cruise (can't wait) and also have an ov on the Plaza Deck. Not that it really matters, but I was wondering about the layout of the cabin. Some pictures show the seating near the window and some show the bed near the window. We're in cabin 3016. Does anyone know which layout we will have?

thanks!

We've got 7002 and 7000 for the repo, so I can tell you that those are gone! :-) 7001 and 7003 are the same but on the center/port side. Don't know if they are available or not.

Thanks for the photos to those who have posted! We are really looking forward to our "extra space", especially having a 4-year old along with us.

Other rooms you might want to look at include 8002, 8003, 9000, 9001, 6001, 6019 and 6000. These are a bit larger than the standard OVs.

Rooms 6004, 6005, 6012, 6014 and 6014 are accessible rooms that offer more space, but of course one would want to make sure that no other party requires the accessible rooms prior to booking for able-bodies folks.

Try to get a cabin that holds not more than 3. They will have the heads of the beds on the side wall, with couch by the window. Quad cabins, with the two upper bunks, have the heads of the beds on the window wall, so you can't sit and look out. EM

Thank you. That answers my question. It looks like we will be able to look out the window from our seating area. Even though I've been on many cruises (20+) I make myself crazy with all the silly details. For me, it's half the fun of getting ready... :p

We are on the same trip staying in OV on the Plaza deck. We have stayed there before and found it very nice. The room has a picture window. In fact we had the same room on a transatlantic and the ride was great. We are going down Thursday morning and staying i n the La Concha hotel for two nights.

Come join us on the roll call....we have a great group........

• 3 months later...

We are trying to book #7180 or 7176 on the Millennium in Asia and back to Alaska

On the Deck plan it looks like the Balcony is much larger then the other cabins

Anybody been in the few cabins with what looks like a deeper Balcony

Also does it matter what side of the ship in Hong Kong-Shanghai Seeward cruise

thank you

Archived