Change of cabin mate

jasperdog

For whatever reason suppose something comes up a week prior to your sail date and your cabin mate has to bow out of the trip. Does NCL allow you to find a substitute traveller in such a short time? After all the cruise has already been paid. How does this affect the pre-boarding reqirements that you fill out online? Is there a definite number of days prior to the trip that you cannot find a substitute and go it alone?

I substituted someone a few years ago two days before sailing. It wasn't easy and I had to check in at the service desk first because my new person's name had to be added to the manifest and it was too late to have her check-in papers available online. It took an extra 15-20 minutes to check in at the pier and they charged a nominal fee for the name change (either $35 or $50) but it's doable.

We leave for our cruise aboard the Pearl in 23 days! I found out about a month ago and after paying in full, that my boyfriend would not be joining us bc of his work schedule. I just changed him in reservations for my mother on Monday and had no problems what so ever and it cost me nothing. And since I had already checked us all in online, NCL sent me an email w/ link to a new online check in with my mom's name on it. NCL makes it very hassle free! THANKS NCL!:D

I think it needs to be done up to 48-72 hours beforehand, due to Department of Homeland Security regulations. They must have an updated manifest within a specific amount of time before sailing. So I don't think you can call for a sailing tomorrow, but I think it's possible a week in advance.

I was supposed to go on a Panama Cruise on Jan.16th 2011. I broke my ankle on the 11th and didn't tell my traveling companion till the 12th. It took till the 13th for him to get in touch with the travel agent and another person took my place so you can do it on fairly short notice. There was no charge as far as I know.

Archived