ironing clothes

Is there a laundry room on the FOS where they have ironing boards & irons? Or is there something in the room? Where does anyone iron or do you have to bring your own travel size onboard?? Thanks!

No self laundries onboard any RCCL ship. And irons are prohibited.

They do offer a pressing service for half the price of dry cleaning.

For most items though, I just use the steam from the shower. Or just live with the wrinkles.

Irons are not allowed, strictly forbidden, so please dont bring one.

No laundry rooms on RCL cruises. Bring some wrinkle free. I hang my clothes up the minute I can and the humidity takes out pretty much every wrinkle.

Is there a laundry room on the FOS where they have ironing boards & irons? Or is there something in the room? Where does anyone iron or do you have to bring your own travel size onboard?? Thanks!

Irons, even travel irons, are prohibited from being brought onboard any Royal Caribbean ships, and there are no "self-serve" laundry rooms, ironing boards or irons available. You can use products such as Downy Wrinkle Release which will reduce or eliminate most wrinkles or you can send clothes out to be professionally pressed, The fee for pressing is 50% of what it would cost to have the item dry cleaned, and by most reports seems to be reasonable and comparable or less than what one would pay at home. :)

Thanks for the answers! Especially thanks for letting me know bringing one onboard was forbidden. I do find it strange that they do not have a laundry room....something we got spoiled with on Princess! Thanks again & I'll be happy to have someone else do my work!!

Thanks for the answers! Especially thanks for letting me know bringing one onboard was forbidden. I do find it strange that they do not have a laundry room....something we got spoiled with on Princess! Thanks again & I'll be happy to have someone else do my work!!

Awww. :) I just wanted to say it's so refreshing to have someone who genuinely didn't know beforehand, not argue and raise a big stink about the "no iron" policy. Ironing threads can absolutely turn nasty as "pro-iron passengers" state their case over and over again, clearly disregarding the rules this line has set.

So... just... thanks. :D

Hang and steam in the shower, which will remove all or most. Downey Wrinkle Release...best invention for cruisers. Those wrinkles that defy both methods either get sent to get steam pressed or I just wear the wrinkles. After all....you're never going to see these people again anyway.

Irons are forbidden, but I've used Downy Wrinkle Release and an Oreck steamer. It was the first time using the Downy, but it does work. I sprayed my t-shirts, and polos when I unpacked them, and they stayed "wrinkle free" for the rest of the week while hanging in the closet.

The first day when I get on board I usually give my suit and my gf's dresses to our room steward to be pressed. Sitting in the suitcase can cause some creasing.

Try putting those special outfits in a plastic dry cleaner's bag. Lay the package flat, smooth out all of the air, and fold gently.

You will probably have a wrinkle-free outfit when you arrive.

:)

Try putting those special outfits in a plastic dry cleaner's bag. Lay the package flat, smooth out all of the air, and fold gently.

We might have to try that out. Thanks!

Experienced travelers know to bring clothing that doesn't wrinkle easily, and they know how to pack to avoid wrinkles. It's really not a huge problem, unless you make it so by bringing clothing that wrinkles easily and/or packing them incorrectly.

I've done this exact same thing with the drycleaner bag - even for my formal wear and it works great. I also brought a travel steamer on board but did not really need it, as most of my clothese turned out okay

Archived