Boarding Zones

rbiking55

Arriving at port around 12 noon seems ideal, considering they start boarding around 1130ish. I was in zone 9 when i got the NYC terminal around 1230 last year and was on the ship within the hour.

If you go to the terminal early, like around 10am they may not let you in since debark is still going on from the previous cruise.

• 1 year later...
Is this still accurate information? I keep seeing people talk about boarding the ship around 11/1130a? I always thought that seemed early but want to be sure before I head to port.

Thanks!

On all our cruises , boarding starts somewhere between 11 am and 11:30 am.

Wedding parties getting married on the ship, VIPs( Platinum and suite guests) then first come. All of the ships I have been on have usually started embarkation around 10:30-11:00. It will finally be fun to watch people as they get on from the comfort of the Lido with a DOD in my hand:D

On all our cruises , boarding starts somewhere between 11 am and 11:30 am.

I just checked my boarding pass that says boarding 12-2:30. If I get there at 10:30, will I have to wait outside or can things get started with my boarding, then I get a zone number and just sit and wait inside until I can get on the ship?

Just wondering if I can beat the crowd. :rolleyes:

Last year in Puerto Rico it was not first come first on. They handed out the zones based upon the agent you used to check in.

ummmmm That is what I meant by first come first served... The first come get served the lower zones

I just checked my boarding pass that says boarding 12-2:30. If I get there at 10:30, will I have to wait outside or can things get started with my boarding, then I get a zone number and just sit and wait inside until I can get on the ship?

Just wondering if I can beat the crowd. :rolleyes:

I think all the paperwork says the same for the boarding times but you can get there earlier. We usually get there at 10:30. I don't mind sitting around just knowing that I am a few steps away makes my wait more exciting:)

I think all the paperwork says the same for the boarding times but you can get there earlier. We usually get there at 10:30. I don't mind sitting around just knowing that I am a few steps away makes my wait more exciting:)

I agree and it is more fun than sitting in a hotel room.

Boarding time depends on the debark of the previous cruise. Our 6/11 Destiny out of Miami began boarding at 11:00 (docs said 12:30). Our debark was still ongoing at 11:30 so my guess is that the following trip didn't begin embark until 12:30.

Is this still accurate information? I keep seeing people talk about boarding the ship around 11/1130a? I always thought that seemed early but want to be sure before I head to port.

Thanks!

It's a simple process. They empty the ship, most times by 10:00ish, than approximately 1 hours later (after some cleaning time) and with permission of homeland security, they start boarding. Usual time is around 11 - 11:30. No set time. This is about the same for most ports. Delays do happen, but, seldom.

ummmmm That is what I meant by first come first served... The first come get served the lower zones

Not in Puerto Rico if you went to one agent you would get a different zone number than the person at the agent next to you. And the zones differed greatly. We were watching people get there a half an hour after us and they had a lower zone.

Not in Puerto Rico if you went to one agent you would get a different zone number than the person at the agent next to you. And the zones differed greatly. We were watching people get there a half an hour after us and they had a lower zone.

WOW what???

that's not good at all.

Archived