Travel Channel's $40 a Day Culinary Tour of San Juan

Beachgrit

That one is a good show, but a little old...it will cost more than $40/day to do it now!

What did you think about the places they highlighted? Were any of them your favorite spots?

I'm going to be looking for some good authentic PR food, but also places that might serve picky kid friendly things like lightly seasoned grilled chicken, beef, pork, etc. Can you make any suggestions? Thanks!

What did you think about the places they highlighted? Were any of them your favorite spots?

I'm going to be looking for some good authentic PR food, but also places that might serve picky kid friendly things like lightly seasoned grilled chicken, beef, pork, etc. Can you make any suggestions? Thanks!

I can't name names of my favorite places :-(

but my opinion of the places she went on the show:

Where she had breakfast is good,local food. Breakfast or lunch (good sandwiches). They will have things the kids will eat. There is a similar place almost right across the street (down a few buildings).

Lunch was out of OSJ, a quaint place, very much like home cooking, but not my favorite.

Dinner- Seafood and not inexpensive. I don't know about a kids menu.

I can't name names of my favorite places :-(

but my opinion of the places she went on the show:

Where she had breakfast is good,local food. Breakfast or lunch (good sandwiches). They will have things the kids will eat. There is a similar place almost right across the street (down a few buildings).

Lunch was out of OSJ, a quaint place, very much like home cooking, but not my favorite.

Dinner- Seafood and not inexpensive. I don't know about a kids menu.

Thanks for such a quick reply! I'm sorry I forgot that you couldn't give specific names, didn't mean to put you on the spot.

I will watch the show carefully and make notes about the breakfast spot.

I have seen many of your posts on the boards and would like to say thank you for the time you have taken to answer so MANY questions about your beautiful area. PR is lucky to have such a kind, unofficial spokesperson!

Have a great day!! We will be in you neck of the woods in 17 days. Yea!!!!!

Thanks for such a quick reply! I'm sorry I forgot that you couldn't give specific names, didn't mean to put you on the spot.

I will watch the show carefully and make notes about the breakfast spot.

I have seen many of your posts on the boards and would like to say thank you for the time you have taken to answer so MANY questions about your beautiful area. PR is lucky to have such a kind, unofficial spokesperson!

Have a great day!! We will be in you neck of the woods in 17 days. Yea!!!!!

Glad to help.

Enjoy your visit.

And don't worry too much about the kids. PR is very family friendly, they are welcome just about everywhere.

For cheap treats/eats: There is a local "fast food" truck that is around during the day by Plaza Darsenas. They will have pinchos (meat on a stick) and other fried yummy local goodies. For a buck or 2, you can each fill up. Also trucks that make good local sandwiches.

I like to go to the grocery store and by the little cans of Goya juices for the kids to try. The favorite was guanabana. And you can get a bag of the little local candies- coconut and fruit pastes. And piraguas (shave ice) or Limbers are cheap and frozen goodies you can find in the streets.

Archived