Looking for others that have used carnival Dream for information please???

nay6600

I've been on a lot of review sites and there seems to be a lot of repeat complaints, and since i'm getting married maybe on this ship, thought i'd ask those that have already made there special day on this ship.

1. smell....seems most reviews have mentioned this, the sewage smell. Some say stonger than others...last review that said the small was still there was this feb. 2011

2. feeling dark and closed in...as compaired to others. Does it really feel this way? for a wedding cruise i would find this depressing.

3. Lots of complaints that the walls are sorta thin, that you can hear others tv's and even conversations from the next rooms. Has anyone found this to be the case??

4. really long lines for food, along with staff seeming overtired a lot from being understaffed. Is this really true?

I really would love answers, i do not want to spend or have family and friends spend hard earned dollars in this day in age to have foul smells, depressed lighting and long lines.

Thanks again for your help.

Rene'

Hi Rene!

I was married on the dream (actually married on the beach in nassau, reception on the dream) this past December and it was glorious!

hopefully this will help...

1. I read alot of reviews regarding this sewage smell before also, but we never experienced it even a single time. Now, we were on the 12th floor (spa floor) so i dont know if that mattered, but we had 46 sailing guests all over the ship and nobody had a single complaint about this.

2. never felt this way...the ship is HUGE and beautiful!

3. never heard a thing from our neighbors, and didnt hear of any of our guests say anything either.

4. There were some long lines for food at the main lunch dining room and pasta bars, and deli. This is not unlike what i have experienced on other ships. The lines go quickly enough with no problem. The staff, however, were all excellent, especially if you are having a wedding on board!!! They treated us like kings and queens :)

We had 46 sailing guests, including 10 kids of all ages, and everyone LOVED the dream, wouldnt have changed a single thing. Hope this helps!

Hi Rene,

I got married aboard the Dream on March 5th. The ship is beautiful and the ceremony and reception flow perfectly. As for the complaints.. I do agree with them.

1. My husband and had a cove balcony on deck 2 and the sewage smell was definatly there. However, it was only towards the front of the ship around the 2200 cabins.

2. The ship is definatly not dark and closed in. Our ceremony was in the Burgandy Aft Lounge and was very open with lots of things to look at. The reception was in the disco and was also very open.

3. I never heard anyone in the cabins next to us or in any other rooms.

4. The lines in the buffet, deli and mongolian wok were definatly long. The breakfast and lunch buffets were long. The breakfast buffets were the worst though, and then when people come back on the ship for lunch. But with such a large ship, the lines were expected. I think the longest time we waited was 20 minutes for breakfast on a port day. The staff was wonderful though, absolutly no complaints about them.

Hope this also helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Archived