Birthday Celebration?

cruzaddict

My travel agent said he would make a note of my son's birthday for our upcoming cruise. Should it indicate something in my cruise docs about his birthday? Also, will they decorate the cabin door and give him a cake at dinner? That's what Princess used to do???? Any help would be appreciated!

My travel agent said he would make a note of my son's birthday for our upcoming cruise. Should it indicate something in my cruise docs about his birthday? Also, will they decorate the cabin door and give him a cake at dinner? That's what Princess used to do???? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Shelley !

No, it wont be noted on your documents. What you should do, is mention it to your Waiter or Maitre'd once onboard, and they will work out everything for you. They will get you a birthday cake at Dinner, and sing to your son, which is great !

As for decorations in the cabin or door, I would not count on it, but you can mention it to your cabin attendant. Maybe he or she can work something out for you !

Enjoy your Cruise !

In the Bon Voyage packages available you can purchase room decorations and they have one especially for a child's birthday but that is for inside the cabin. You could always purchase a cardboard decoration yourself and put it on the cabin door.

I know that if you've reserved through the Celebrity web site there's a place you can go in and make note of special occaisions in your own reservation. I figure if it can be done on the web site, then your TA can do it to through whatever booking system he/she uses. I don't know what Celebrity does with this info, though, never having had a special occaision on board.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I guess my TA took care of notifying the cruise line,but I'll make sure I tell the waiter so he can get a cake! Princess used to put balloons and a sign on the cabin door,but I guess Celebrity doesn't. Either way,the cake and singing will be great too!

On a recent Celebrity cruise my daughters decorated the outside of the cabin door themselves with balloons, sign and streamers to celebrate a birthday. The decorations were there all day. They did it very early in the morning before we left the cabin so it was a surprize when the door was opened.

cruzaddict - Our son is celebrating his 12th birthday on the day of our Mercury cruise. We told out TA and they said they would handle it. But since they spelled his name wrong on the docs the first time, I checked everything on the Celebrity website just in case. He is listed there (and his name is spelled right now). So even if you don't book through Celebrity, if you have filled out your online documentation; Special Occasions will be listed in the Dining Arrangements information which you can click View under the Reservations Summary tab.

Dragonlady

Archived