Private Tours which Include Beach Time

Crazyone123

Hello Sharon

would you mind sending me Ivan's email addy - thanks

srappinfun@hotmail.com

Hi Sharon,

I would love to get Ivan's email address as well. Both Bully and Ivan sound like wonderful tour guides. Just need to check with both of them to see what type of tours they offer as well as their availability when we're there in October.

Thanks!!

Trudy

As far as I am aware either Ivan or Bully will customize your day however you wish. :)

I would give them an idea of what you are looking to see sight wise and then any additional stops such as snorkeling, beach and/or lunch and see what they come up with.

As far as I am aware either Ivan or Bully will customize your day however you wish. :)

I would give them an idea of what you are looking to see sight wise and then any additional stops such as snorkeling, beach and/or lunch and see what they come up with.

Thanks Arubalisa!!!

@Arubalisa, I noticed from your photo album you were on the Majesty of the Seas 5/31/04-6/4/04, I have desperately been searching for anyone on that cruise who might have a copy of the cruise-in-review DVD, perhaps you have one or maybe know someone who does, I was offering $50 for a copy. I know it's a longshot, unfortunately I lost my copy so I was hoping to come across someone on here that may have been on that ship, if you can help please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

@Arubalisa, I noticed from your photo album you were on the Majesty of the Seas 5/31/04-6/4/04, I have desperately been searching for anyone on that cruise who might have a copy of the cruise-in-review DVD, perhaps you have one or maybe know someone who does, I was offering $50 for a copy. I know it's a longshot, unfortunately I lost my copy so I was hoping to come across someone on here that may have been on that ship, if you can help please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!
No, sorry :( I wish I were able to help. :(

I would be interested in getting Bully's and Ivan's contact info as well. The 4 of us will be in Aruba in October and are interested in a private tour that includes seeing the highlights of the island as well as snorkeling for a couple of hours. Does anyone know if you can rent snorkel gear right at any of the beaches or do you have to pick it up before you get there? What is the best beach to snorkel at from the shore that has lots of colorful fish?

Trudy

Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove are our favorite snorkel sites. Baby Beach is fair, but don't try to snorkel past the reef. There have been several drownings there where tourists tried to snorkel out beyond the reef. If you talk to Bully, he will suggest that you go to Boca Catalina. He's not a fan of Baby Beach. Baby Beach is very far from town. You will need to make arrangements to have a taxi come back for you, and it will be expensive. Boca Catalina is much easier to get to and a lot cheaper taxi or bus ride back to port.

Baby Beach is very far from town. You will need to make arrangements to have a taxi come back for you, and it will be expensive.
Cruise terminal to Baby beach the taxi fare is $38 EACH WAY. There is a charge of an additional $3 each way on Sundays and holidays.

Cruise terminal to Baby beach the taxi fare is $38 EACH WAY. There is a charge of an additional $3 each way on Sundays and holidays.

Lisa, You're almost there!! Have fun at the Radisson. I look forward to reading about your trip! Dianne

My husband & I are going on our first cruise at the end of the month! We will be on the Serenade of the Seas at the end of June, same as another poster on this thread. Does anyone know if I get ahold of Bully for a tour, will we just be added to the tour he has booked for the other couple? Will he charge both of us or will we be considered a group? Like I said, this is our 1st cruise & trying to decide what to do at every port is driving me crazy :eek:

Thanks for all your help!

bullytaxi79@hotmail.com You will not be part of a group. If he's available, it will be just the two of you. The rate is $45.00 an hour for the tour, not for each person. Don't stress about finding activities for each day on the cruise. You can still book excursions once you're on the ship. You don't need to do one everyday, unless you want to. Most ports have shops and restaurants right at the port, and sometimes you might just want to have a relaxing day and just hang out at the pool or walk around the port. The shore excursion desk on board will be very helpful with giving you suggestions, also. Aruba has great beaches, and it's very easy to get a taxi or take a bus to beach and just hang out.

We are on the AZURA and will be in Aruba on 15th November and have already booked a tour with Bully. There are only the two of us so have room for 2 (or 3) more if any body is interested. My e-mail is in my profile or reply here.

Derek & Lynne

Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove are our favorite snorkel sites. Baby Beach is fair, but don't try to snorkel past the reef. There have been several drownings there where tourists tried to snorkel out beyond the reef. If you talk to Bully, he will suggest that you go to Boca Catalina. He's not a fan of Baby Beach. Baby Beach is very far from town. You will need to make arrangements to have a taxi come back for you, and it will be expensive. Boca Catalina is much easier to get to and a lot cheaper taxi or bus ride back to port.

Hi Hatteras51,

I just wanted to thank for recommending Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove to do some snorkeling. None of us have ever been to Aruba before and just really weren't quite sure where would be the best place to go. Yes, we had heard about the snorkeling at Baby Beach too, so it's not something that we would care to try. We have booked an island and snorkeling tour with Bully and, like you said, he suggested Boca Catalina to us too. We do need to rent snorkeling gear as none of us want to bring our own and take up precious space in our luggage. Any recommendations of somewhere close to BC or the cruise port? What would you say the depth of the water is there at Boca Catalina or Catalina Cove? One of our friends doesn't care to get into water that's too deep, so we need to make sure that this is the right place for her too.

Thanks!!

Trudy

Hi Hatteras51,

I just wanted to thank for recommending Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove to do some snorkeling. None of us have ever been to Aruba before and just really weren't quite sure where would be the best place to go. Yes, we had heard about the snorkeling at Baby Beach too, so it's not something that we would care to try. We have booked an island and snorkeling tour with Bully and, like you said, he suggested Boca Catalina to us too. We do need to rent snorkeling gear as none of us want to bring our own and take up precious space in our luggage. Any recommendations of somewhere close to BC or the cruise port? What would you say the depth of the water is there at Boca Catalina or Catalina Cove? One of our friends doesn't care to get into water that's too deep, so we need to make sure that this is the right place for her too.

Thanks!!

Trudy

I'm glad to hear you were able to book a tour with Bully. You will have a great time. I'm afraid you've asked me two questions I don't know the answers to. We always bring our own snorkeling equipment and I have no idea how deep the water is. Arubalisa is there now. I'm sure she will be able to answer your questions when she gets back.

Hi Bearded Gent,

You may want to let people in your Roll Call know that you have space for others on your tour. I know I spend more time on my Roll Call thread than I do here.

Thanks for that luvtravel88, I have also put it on the P&O Role Call page, but they do not seem too active, maybe they think there is still a long time to go :)

Ivan was recommended by fellow CC members on the Prinsendam. They had used him for tour and beach.

We were just expecting a taxi drive to many of the scenic places in Aruba. Ivan put on a headset and gave the 4 of us a fantasic tour. All tours should be like Ivans. He spend quite a number of years training all the tour guides for Graylines on Aruba. Now he does tours himself.

He charges $135 for the 3 hours. He will take you where you want to go including beach time I believe.

His taxi is a Mercedes van that can handle I think is taxi handles 5 easily. If anyone is interested, I will send Ivan's e-mail address.

Could you send me Ivan's email? My address is cnj1 at comcast dot net. Thanks so much!

Try binns.tours@yahoo.

I am looking for a late afternoon tour on November 30th and have emailed both Bully and Ivan. Both have replied that they are booked. I am looking for other tour operators that have good reputations.

Does anyone have more information on binns.tours@yahoo.com or perhaps others?

Thanks.

David

Archived