Summit embarking time in San Juan

Medic 5

We were just on the Summit in February. We went on board around 1200. There were others on before us - I've read on here that you can get on board around 1100. We took some time to relax that morning at our hotel and then headed over. We were on board within 15 - 20 minutes from our arrival to the pier.

The rooms were ready just after 1 pm.

Have a great trip - we did :)

Thanks so much for the info....we should have a great time. We have a fun group from C.C. going who have all sailed before together. Anything we should miss or must do? Thanks again Rich

We have just returned from a B 2 B week one it was around 11:15 (rooms ready after 1pm) and last week it was nearer noon...

Personally I think they should make it later so they have time to do a complete sanitization and get the ship ready, but I think they are bending to pressure of those eager to get on board early...

Things to miss or not....hmm...

We stayed pretty laid back. The shows were great - much better than I anticipated. Tapas at Cova in the afternoon just after sail away each evening. We did go to a few of the lectures on steering the ship, navigation - those were quite interesting as was the bridge tour that was offered due to being CC members. Didn't really do any of the other activities.

Not sure which itinerary you are on but we tended to do the island tours to learn a bit about where we were. The one on Antiqua was hilarious - our tour guide had a great sense of humour! The shopping inserts in the daily sheets was handy for knowing best way in to town, how much taxis cost etc.

Food was consistently good and the Normandie was amazing. My hisband loved the pizza. Martini bar on one side - champagne bar on the other - you could just stay there for the week with everything they had on offer :)

We tended to go to the MDR for breakfast. Had pretty well all of the same things as the buffet, was never that busy and you didn't have someone always at your back reaching for something off of the buffet.

Archived